Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TVNewsCheck Article: Syndicators Serious About Playing Games  (Read 7797 times)

BrandonFG

Re: TVNewsCheck Article: Syndicators Serious About Playing Games
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 01:15:56 PM »
I think.I know where you were going, though- she had just flopped in her grand return to network TV after all. I'm certain some people were saying "why does she get a show, she's not relevant anymore" or stuff along those lines.
Yeah, it's all good.

FWIW, I wasn't an Ellen fan in the 90s, and at first thought her being the occasional center square on H^2 was a terrible idea. Seeing her on the show changed my mind and opinion of her. I can't say I watch her talk show that often, but the few times I have, it's been pretty enjoyable.

The times I saw Tyra's show on the other hand...well, let's just say my mom always taught me if you don't have anything nice to say..........
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 02:23:09 PM »
Meanwhile, folks are clamoring for another daytimg talk show for Tyra?
I'm not surprised since the final season of her show was announced after she won a second consecutive Emmy for Outstanding Talk Show. The show also ran in reruns for an additional year after its cancellation. I guess the ratings weren't there, but the "acclaim" (if you want to call it that) was.

It's amazing that it took 13 years for an imitation of The View to actually take off and then for everyone to follow suit.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

colonial

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 05:51:35 PM »
Further following up...ABC News Radio reported Monday that Tyra Banks is getting a new talk show for daytime called "The Fab", which is to premiere next fall and has already been sold to ABC's O&O stations.

So if there was hope for a renewal of Millionaire before, I think that pretty much killed it. Looks like the Daytime Jeopardy experiment is gonna be over after a year too.

They have to find room for the show somewhere...

IIRC, ABC announced the Tyra talk show for the O&Os back in May, but the O&Os balked at it (there was no hint of a "View"-like panel -- it appeared to be a rehash of her first talk show based on earlier descriptions). 

ABC always had plans to replace Katie Couric's talk show with another chat fest (they also filmed a talk pilot with Mo'Nique), so the announcement was not a surprise, just the timing (Given how early the Couric cancellation was announced, ABC probably wanted something ready for September, but that didn't happen).

JD