Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A British Perspective On WITWICS  (Read 3521 times)

DoItRockapella

A British Perspective On WITWICS
« on: October 15, 2014, 06:29:27 PM »
Given my username, I figured I'd throw this in the ring:

http://www.pcgamer.com/saturday-crapshoot-where-in-the-world-is-carmen-sandiego/

If I'm understanding this right, this writer had previously done an article on Knightmare, and this is his response to all the Americans who commented saying "We didn't have that show when I was a kid...we had Carmen Sandiego!"

Go figure. I should make clear at this point that I myself am completely American.

Matt Ottinger

Re: A British Perspective On WITWICS
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 11:15:24 AM »
The guy seems a little obsessed with the fact that the show was made on a budget, but other than that, it's a fun read.  I like how he describes the challenge of the end game.  I REALLY like that he chose to use my YouTube clip to demonstrate it.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 12:42:21 PM »
The guy seems a little obsessed with the fact that the show was made on a budget, but other than that, it's a fun read.  I like how he describes the challenge of the end game.  I REALLY like that he chose to use my YouTube clip to demonstrate it.

Did he ask permission? (Mind, no reason for him to need to, I don't think, but I'm curious.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SamJ93

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 01:38:54 PM »

Yeah, given the budgets of most UK game shows until WWTBAM came along, I don't think he has much room to complain here...
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 02:20:58 PM »

Did he ask permission? (Mind, no reason for him to need to, I don't think, but I'm curious.)

No, and I'm neither upset not surprised.  I used the word "mine" very liberally.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 04:07:25 PM »
No, and I'm neither upset not surprised.  I used the word "mine" very liberally.

Oh, no, I totally get that. Merely curious, no more or less.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 05:45:14 PM »
Oh, no, I totally get that. Merely curious, no more or less.

Strangely, I DID get a permission request from YouTube itself (which I thought was REALLY weird) to use a small piece of the TTTT pilot I uploaded.  They apparently were making a year-end video, and wanted to use a clip of a young Mike Wallace.  I never saw the finished product.