Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brickleberry  (Read 3202 times)

aaron sica

Brickleberry
« on: October 08, 2014, 01:56:39 PM »
So one of the characters, Connie, is obsessed with Pat Sajak.....I wonder if the writer of the storyline ever stopped through here. :)

http://www.cc.com/shows/brickleberry

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Brickleberry
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 05:47:07 PM »
I've seen Brickleberry once. I don't know why it exists, for any other reason than to give Daniel Tosh another star vehicle.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

That Don Guy

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 10:12:32 AM »
At the beginning of the episode, there was a disclaimer stating that "all celebrity voices are impersonated".

The Simpsons has one of these as well on occasion (but buried at the end of the credits - occasionally it will also list who did a specific celebrity voice; I have seen "Jay Mohr as Christopher Walken" and "Jerry Seinfeld impersonation by Dan Castellaneta").  I wonder if certain celebrities pretty much demand this, or if the producers just feel that they need to do this for certain celebrities.

Note that Pat Sajak has voiced himself in cartoons - in the early 1990s, he voiced himself in an episode of Rugrats (he was the celebrity face of a sweepstakes, similar to Ed McMahon and American Family Publishers).  This is not to be confused with Alex Trebek's role on the same show as a game show host, although his character's name there was "Alan Quebec" (he would later voice himself on a Simpsons episode).

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »
The Critic had a similar disclaimer at the end of every episode... {Jon Lovitz/Jay Sherman}"Celebrity voices are impersonated...no celebrities were harmed during the filming of this episode."{JL/JS}

South Park also has (had?) one at the beginning of each episode. In the early days of SP, the producers wanted a celebrity to do a cameo (might've been Seinfeld), but the celebrity backed out when finding out he was going to be the voice of a pet or something. FWIW, George Clooney and Jay Leno both did voices of pets.

All in all, prolly more of a legal/CYA move to avoid lawsuits.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 06:36:19 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't want to see my name associated with Brickleberry in any way either...
Bobby Peacock