Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $ale on GSN  (Read 12589 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

Re: $ale on GSN
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 10:58:33 PM »
I've been keeping track of the episodes in this current lease, and in the 15th week of the Syndicated edition, there have been not one, not two, but three, count 'em, three contestants who walked away with the motorbike.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 11:18:46 PM »
I've been keeping track of the episodes in this current lease, and in the 15th week of the Syndicated edition, there have been not one, not two, but three, count 'em, three contestants who walked away with the motorbike.

I found it amusing that they still drop the balloons for $4,000 winners when they retire.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 11:26:32 PM »

I found it amusing that they still drop the balloons for $4,000 winners when they retire.
The one time I saw someone purchase a lower level prize (I think it was Laura Chambers), I found it oddly amusing too.

Didn't they do it for Winner's Big Money Game wins too, or was that just the higher amounts and the car?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 11:29:09 PM »
Didn't they do it for Winner's Big Money Game wins too, or was that just the higher amounts and the car?
Early on they would do a drop for any money game victory. (They also did it after retiring a champion who lost their final money game.)
Travis L. Eberle

tvmitch

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 08:48:20 AM »
How about... "When GSN decides to air those episodes." Don't be greedy.
/How about being grateful GSN is even AIRING $ALE?
//How about being grateful you have GSN at all?
///How about not asking questions NOBODY in the forum knows the answer to?
Whiskey Tango! Who is this guy? I mean really, who is he?

I'm not one to get in the middle of this kind of drama, but honestly. I've been a part of this community for at least 15 years, probably longer. Many of us have been around much longer than that even. I don't like to throw that type of sentence out lightly, because I know it makes me sound entitled, but when I come back to see discussion about my question and that's the first comment I see, that is troubling. Jiminy. It seems to me that too many of the threads on our board are devolving into this nonsense spattering. Takes the fun out of it. It would be nice to have some community voting features so these useless garbage comments could be hidden.

Anyway. That's all I have to say about that.

Question was asked out of sheer curiosity because I know much less these days about air schedules, and leases, and whatnot. I remember watching the old $ale reruns on USA and never getting to see many Winners Board eps, and that's my favorite end game format. Just as excited as everyone else that GSN is airing $ale, it is still a welcome surprise even though it's been on the daytime schedule for some time now.

Thank you, Mr. Benfield, for your helpful response, that's what I was looking for. Also a fedora tip to Brandon and Travis.
You should follow me on Twitter

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 10:59:53 AM »
The one time I saw someone purchase a lower level prize (I think it was Laura Chambers), I found it oddly amusing too.

Nah. They gave Laura a send-off sans balloons (although I wonder if they did that later in the daytime shopping run).

As for WBMG, for big wins (and losses), they dropped the balloons too.

/like the most of us, we're thankful we have this show Period & excited if we hit the winners board transition.
//With or without the snark.
///With or without latex balloons

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 03:09:58 PM »
I know Tim Holleran ended his run on September 24, 1985 (#S-107) and Alan Sudenik began his on November 19 (#S-147), and based on that the format changed sometime between September 30 and November 18.

Per that, assuming no skips or pre-emptions and that the lease goes this far, we'll see the Winner's Board at some point between November 26 and January 14.
Wiki says the Winner's Board debuted on the nighttime version in November 1985. So I suppose those eps. could pop up sometime around Christmas.

I was actually going to ask another question that this response actually answered for me, as I wasn't sure if the jackpot carried over from the season finale the year before (with the uncertainty about renewal and all). I always thought Tim's win was later, and they changed over right after he hit it. Wrong I was.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2014, 06:32:04 PM »
Thank you, Mr. Benfield, for your helpful response, that's what I was looking for.
No prob. Glad I was able to help. :)

/like the most of us, we're thankful we have this show Period & excited if we hit the winners board transition.
I'll raise a frothy mug to that and the current Press Your Luck lease any day of the week.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 01:31:56 AM »
Daniel, can you please tell me who were the contestants in #S-077? I missed it, and I thought I wrote it down for the episode guide of the Syndicated edition that I am currently compiling, but I didn't.

snowpeck

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 01:36:43 AM »
Daniel, can you please tell me who were the contestants in #S-077? I missed it, and I thought I wrote it down for the episode guide of the Syndicated edition that I am currently compiling, but I didn't.
I'm not Daniel, but I did record the episode (along with every other Sale episode GSN has run so far). The contestants were, from left to right, Frank, Jack and Patricia.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 05:10:22 AM »
In relation to Vahan's question, I did know the answer but only because of Ryan Rinkerman's collection updates (specifically, to this page) while GSN was airing the first syndicated lease, as the shows from last Tuesday (#S-075) through next Monday (#S-079) have been around the trading circuit for a while.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:31:25 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...