Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $ale of the Century 1969-74 fonts  (Read 12956 times)

GSRebich

$ale of the Century 1969-74 fonts
« on: October 02, 2014, 07:55:46 PM »
Does anyone know the names of the 2 fonts used in the 2 $ale of the Century logos from 1969-74? (The  logo used during the 3 player format and the logo used during the couples format.)

pacdude

Re: $ale of the Century 1969-74 fonts
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 09:35:09 PM »
Sure.

chrisholland03

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 10:45:26 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find some blueprints of sets of game shows? Because I'm planing to make some miniature versions of them.

I need the information about today's episode:

-The 2 contestants who were on today's show
-The words guessed correctly by the contestants and who guessed which words
-Any missed words
-The winning player's score
-How much the winning contestant won in the "Turnabout" game and the time remaining if the $5,000 was won.

How did you made the eggcrate print outs, I'd like make my own.

Does anyone know the name of the font used in the logo of the 1976 version of "Break The Bank" and where I can download it?

Does anyone know a list of stations that aired the Dawson Feud during it's syndicated nighttime run?

I'm looking for the names of the fonts used in the Password logos (all versions):

The font used in the logo from the original 1961-67 CBS version.
The font used in the logo from the ABC version from 1971-74.
The font used in the "Password All-Stars" logo.
The font used in the 1975 logo.
The font used in the "Password Plus" logo.
The 2 fonts used in the "Super Password" logo.
And the 2 fonts used in the "Million Dollar Password" logo.

Does anybody know the name of the font used in "Big Numbers" on "High Rollers"?

Does anyone know the configuration of the wheel used in Round 2 on "Wheel of Fortune" in 1975 with $750 as the top dollar value?

During the shopping era of "Wheel of Fortune" did both versions (daytime and nighttime) had the same prizes all week or did the daytime version had different prizes each day and the nighttime version had the same prizes all week?

During the Money Machine era, if a couple won by $500-$950, they win a prize (later a $500 cash bonus), but if a couple won by $1,000 or more, they win a new car. Are those prizes additions to the room of furniture that a couple usually wins?

How come the double dollars option was not used during the "Money Machine" era?

When the nighttime version of LMAD moved to the Las Vegas Hilton, why did they discontinued the "Super Deal"?

Does anyone know the names of the fonts used in the "Gambit" and "Las Vegas Gambit" logos?

Does anyone know the name of the font used in the "Child's Play" logo? And I mean the Bill Cullen game show, not the horror film series.

Why do most Jeopardy! home games have only 5 categories for each game instead of the usual 6?

Does anyone know the name of the font used in the "Remote Control" logo and the font used for the numbers on the show's Zenith TV?

On the 1989-90 version of "Jackpot", are Super Jackpots in multiples of $100?

Does anyone remember the name of the font used in the \"Blackout\" logo? It was at the Game Show Fiesta until it disappeared.

Does anyone remember the name of the font used in the $100,000 Name That Tune logo from the Jim Lange era?

What versions of \"Let\'s Make A Deal\" had the retail values of the prize in all dollars and what versions had the retail values in dollars and cents?

Does anyone know the name of the font used in the logo from the 1983 game show: GO?

According to TV.com, the minimum retail value of a prize with a gold star on it during the shopping era of \"Wheel of Fortune\" was $1,000, but I was wonder it was more than $1,000, does anyone know?

Does anyone know the names of the fonts used in the logos for "Jackpot!" and "All-Star Secrets"?

Does anybody know the names of the fonts used in the "Jeopardy!" logos from the original 1964-1975 and 1978-79 versions?

Does anyone know the name of the font used in the "Now You See It" logo (Narz version)?

Does anyone know the name of the font used in the "Celebrity Sweepstakes" logo?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 10:48:35 PM »
Maybe.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 01:00:22 AM »
Sure.

Watch out. You could get called bad names for that reply.

And we could all save ourselves a bunch of trouble if we could either a) answer the question or b) ignore it if we can't. Not every thread needs to turn into Rando-Quiz 2.0.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

SuperMatch93

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 01:07:39 AM »
They both look like custom logos to me. (i.e. not fonts)
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Sodboy13

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 01:08:06 AM »
Not every wordmark is a standardized font, especially those from forty-five years ago.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

chrisholland03

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 08:24:23 AM »
Sure.

And we could all save ourselves a bunch of trouble if we could either a) answer the question or b) ignore it if we can't. Not every thread needs to turn into Rando-Quiz 2.0.

So which of the two did you choose?

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 12:57:15 PM »
Chris:

The answer to all your questions is "Because someone touches themselves at night."  Or 42.

pacdude

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »
Honestly, the logo is so stylized that one who is looking to recreate the logo for artistic purposes would be better served to redraw it instead of typing out a shitty version in MS Paint or GIMP or whatever.

chrisholland03

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 02:09:32 PM »
Chris:

The answer to all your questions is "Because someone touches themselves at night."  Or 42.

I'll go off the board, Jack, with "I Wear My Sunglasses at Night"

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 04:54:57 PM »
Sure.

I chose to ignore the question because I couldn't answer it.

I certainly didn't go all stalker mode and copy and paste a bunch of his prior posts into one. That's creepy.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

chrisholland03

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 06:13:08 PM »
I'm just posting this to upset Chris Palmer

dale_grass

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »

I chose to ignore the question because I couldn't answer it.

I certainly didn't go all stalker mode and copy and paste a bunch of his prior posts into one. That's creepy.

Oh, lighten up.  We all knew where this was headed once we saw who started the thread and that the first three words were "Does anyone know".