Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chase audition question.  (Read 2405 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Chase audition question.
« on: September 18, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »
Does anybody know if you're precluded from trying out for The Chase if you tried out already once in the previous year?

They called me today to confirm my signup for Saturday's audition. The way I understood it, though, was that you couldn't do it twice and I've already done it this year. This I heard from someone who had been there and done that already once this year.

Can anybody help me on this? I don't wanna make the trek into NYC to find it useless.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

pacdude

Re: Chase audition question.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 08:17:41 PM »
I can't find anything that indicates that that is the case.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 08:28:58 PM »
The audition form currently contains the checkbox, "I certify that I have not auditioned for The Chase this calendar year."  I'm reasonably certain that it did not contain that attribution when casting first opened.  More to the point, when I asked Marjorie Lewis from casting about this incongruity last week a couple of days before the Houston audition, her e-mailed response was as follows:

"If you made it to the show and were chosen you can not audition, OTHERWISE, c'mon down!  We look forward to seeing you tomorrow."

If I were you, I would read it as such as well.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 08:51:42 PM »
I didn't remember seeing such a thing on my signup sheet...I figure I'll go, see what's what.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022