Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Words About Music  (Read 4425 times)

shecky

Words About Music
« on: June 25, 2003, 11:07:00 PM »
Without going into details, a box of tapes turned up in my office today and while going through them, I found what seems to be a pilot for a (Game show?) called \"Words About Music\".  I only scanned the show quickly but it seemed a bit like Fred Allen's  \"Judge For Yourself\".  A panel of stars listened to songs and tried to pick the next hit.

It was apparently an NBC Pilot.  The host was Frank DeVol.  Sammy Cahn was a guest whose songs were sung and the panel was Oscar Levant, Natalie Wood, Jackie Cooper and Elsa Lanchester.  It was taped around 1955 because they mention Natalie Wood as just having appeared in \"Rebel Without A Cause\".

Anyone know anything about it or seen it?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Words About Music
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 02:22:40 AM »
[quote name=\'shecky\' date=\'Jun 25 2003, 08:07 PM\'] I found what seems to be a pilot for a (Game show?) called "Words About Music". Anyone know anything about it or seen it? [/quote]
 No, but I imagine you just became REAL POPULAR among the tape-trading community... :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

Words About Music
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 06:56:45 PM »
Without going into details, a box of tapes turned up in my office today and while going through them, I found what seems to be a pilot for a (Game show?) called \"Words About Music\".  I only scanned the show quickly but it seemed a bit like Fred Allen's  \"Judge For Yourself\".  A panel of stars listened to songs and tried to pick the next hit.
It was apparently an NBC Pilot.  The host was Frank DeVol. 

Frank DeVol?  Happy Kyne of \"Fernwood 2Night?\"  A game show host?  That I'd have to see to believe.

Jimmy Owen

Words About Music
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 07:25:14 PM »
Hmmm...interesting.  Was the show sponsored by Bun & Run, by chance?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.