Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The Game Plane" with Mark L. Walberg to debut this weekend  (Read 15252 times)

knagl

• Executive Producer
"The Game Plane" with Mark L. Walberg to debut this weekend
« on: September 15, 2014, 09:29:15 PM »
I only saw a passing reference to this new game show/PR device for Allegiant Air in a different thread, so here's a link to an article about the show as well as their website.

Las Vegas Review-Journal: Game show filmed aboard Allegiant Air flights to debut Saturday

Link: The Game Plane website (note: auto-play video on the front page)

chrisholland03

Re: "The Game Plane" with Mark L. Walberg to debut this weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 08:22:12 AM »
Talk about a captive studio audience...

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Prizes

• Both a miner and a hoe
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 01:28:06 PM »
It's a departure from the traditional game show fare.
Owner of WOF fan site buyavowel.boards.net
Didn't like scuba diving school. Too many fights.
~Jessica Brand

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 01:52:13 PM »
A small crew films “The Game Plane,” a new game show filmed on Allegiant Air flights and hosted by Mark L. Walberg (not THAT Mark Wahlberg).

I like how they have to qualify that on a picture of Mark L. Walberg.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 01:54:25 PM »
Interesting concept. I hope it takes off.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 01:55:55 PM »
At least with Cash Cab you can opt out if you don't want to participate; I wonder how many people on each flight would rather not be bothered and just want to Get There, whether it's because they don't like fun or have other things to concentrate on.
Travis L. Eberle

chad1m

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 02:13:22 PM »
This placard at Game Plane gates suggests that if you would rather fall asleep on the flight with a copy of Killing Jesus in your face, it won't be that hard to make that happen.

SamJ93

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 03:36:00 PM »
Allegiant Air flies mainly to vacation-oriented destinations, so I don't see too many passengers objecting if they're on their way to having a good time anyway.  It's not like they're trying to host a game show with, say, businesspeople on a red-eye from LA to New York.  :D

That said, despite the disclaimer Chad posted, passengers who wish to be "re-accommodated" may be somewhat SOL--a lot of Allegiant markets have only one flight a day, sometimes even fewer. 

/love it when my game show-geekery and airline-geekery coincide
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 03:48:51 PM »
Darn, and here I was hoping that if a person didn't want to play they'd be sucked out of a window Goldfinger style.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 06:16:19 PM »
A small crew films “The Game Plane,” a new game show filmed on Allegiant Air flights and hosted by Mark L. Walberg (not THAT Mark Wahlberg).

I like how they have to qualify that on a picture of Mark L. Walberg.

I was surprised they didn't mention that he's the host of Antiques Roadshow on PBS -- I would think that would be more recognizable than all four of the other shows they mentioned.

Interesting concept. I hope it takes off.

Clever, both of you.

despite the disclaimer Chad posted, passengers who wish to be "re-accommodated" may be somewhat SOL--a lot of Allegiant markets have only one flight a day, sometimes even fewer. 

I suspect that re-accommodation could also include something as simple as being moved to the last few rows of the aircraft and asking the TV crew to avoid aiming the cameras all the way into the back.

weaklink75

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 07:44:13 PM »
Darn, and here I was hoping that if a person didn't want to play they'd be sucked out of a window Goldfinger style.

I was thinking more "A View To A Kill"- "Does anyone else want to drop out?"

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 08:09:01 PM »
And I thought it was conspicuous when "Price Is Right" audience members tried to get up to use the bathroom during a taping...

TimK2003

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 10:27:07 PM »
Allegiant Air flies mainly to vacation-oriented destinations, so I don't see too many passengers objecting if they're on their way to having a good time anyway.  It's not like they're trying to host a game show with, say, businesspeople on a red-eye from LA to New York.  :D

That said, despite the disclaimer Chad posted, passengers who wish to be "re-accommodated" may be somewhat SOL--a lot of Allegiant markets have only one flight a day, sometimes even fewer. 

/love it when my game show-geekery and airline-geekery coincide

Considering that Allegiant is an airline that will nickel and dime you for every little thing (including how and where you buy your tickets -- a recent round trip ticket from CO to CA was $240 including taxes and government fees, but then you add another $125 for seat selection, paying by credit card and luggage/carry-on fees), I wonder if they'll charge ya $25 to move you out of "Contestant Rows", or if they get a 25% cut of your winnings (Sarcasm intended).

Thunder

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 01:12:27 AM »
It's a sad marketing team that uses "YourShowNameHere.herokuapp.com" as their URL.

Domains are cheap, you know?