Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Major late September schedule changes  (Read 98123 times)

aaron sica

Re: Major late September schedule changes
« Reply #345 on: November 20, 2014, 11:01:35 PM »
Well, all of that changes starting tomorrow.

And your life will never be the same again.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #346 on: November 21, 2014, 08:09:35 AM »
I tried asking two people what was the cash jackpot on the final episode with the shopping endgame, and if the randomizer was put on the Fame Game by that time. One of them refused to help me, acted very rudely to me, telling me to "stop asking me these ridiculous questions".
Mystery person, I salute you.

If GSN went back to Romance Week in late '88 today, you could hear my cackling and laughter from clear on the other side of the country.

jimlangefan

« Reply #347 on: November 21, 2014, 11:17:54 AM »
I tried asking two people what was the cash jackpot on the final episode with the shopping endgame, and if the randomizer was put on the Fame Game by that time. One of them refused to help me, acted very rudely to me, telling me to "stop asking me these ridiculous questions".
Mystery person, I salute you.

If GSN went back to Romance Week in late '88 today, you could hear my cackling and laughter from clear on the other side of the country.

Same here! LOL!
TV's Big Dealer

BrandonFG

« Reply #348 on: November 21, 2014, 01:26:06 PM »
One of them refused to help me, acted very rudely to me, telling me to "stop asking me these ridiculous questions" (They are NOT ridiculous questions!).
Man, you get so defensive over the smallest things.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #349 on: November 21, 2014, 01:35:00 PM »
And I have every right to. I should not be silenced from defending myself.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #350 on: November 21, 2014, 01:42:36 PM »
And I have every right to, instead of letting you silence me from speaking my mind.
Who's silencing you? You're able to post unfettered, so that's a load of hooey.

What you don't have the right to do is speak your mind and not have people challenge you (what you call "acting rude to you.") So yes, when you carry on about seeing an episode because it helps you fill up your episode guide, or ask questions pertaining to that, don't expect us to be nice, instead expect metaphorical eye-rolling.

On the other hand, if you insist that you didn't post because you were afeared of me 'blasting' you, then I have Bombay Bingo, which will be nice.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #351 on: November 21, 2014, 02:13:32 PM »
On the other hand, if you insist that you didn't post because you were afeared of me 'blasting' you, then I have Bombay Bingo, which will be nice.

I played Bombay Bingo once. Took forever; the camel wasn't fed *nearly* enough curry.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #352 on: November 21, 2014, 02:50:14 PM »
No...you really don't have any right to, given the stuff you get huffy about. You should be silenced from making the posts that you do, but that's another story.

Anyway, you're missing my point (not surprising) by (not surprisingly) being defense. Your attitude is the reason people call you out. Even when someone tries to help, you turn into a 3-year-old in need of a nap.

But whatever, keep doing what you do. Not like you care what anyone has to say anyway.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #353 on: November 21, 2014, 06:58:56 PM »
https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/372f42b6-8ced-47ae-b24d-6e7891287aff

New PDF is up. All five Christmas episodes of Eubanks Card Sharks from 1986 are being skipped over.

BrandonFG

« Reply #354 on: November 21, 2014, 07:20:58 PM »
Nice deflection there.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #355 on: November 21, 2014, 08:17:50 PM »

Being upset is one thing. Having a thin skin is another. And far too often, you are thin skinned. People don't have the level of interest you do in composing episode guides. People actually have respect for Bob Barker in spite of all his misdeeds. People don't care about minutiae to certain degrees. People think your behavior reminds them of Zach. It doesn't make them bad people and it certainly doesn't warrant the reaction you give them half the time.

I'm reminded of the one guy who came on here spouting gibberish and then, when he got a certain type of feedback he wasn't desiring, he chose to continue asking the questions until he got what he termed a "real answer", i.e. one that he felt responded to his queries in a way he found acceptable.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022