Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Major late September schedule changes  (Read 98145 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

Re: Major late September schedule changes
« Reply #330 on: November 10, 2014, 09:32:17 AM »
I'm watching Press Your Luck right now, and episode #594 is playing on my TV. The 9 that have been skipped are December 23-January 3.

aaron sica

« Reply #331 on: November 10, 2014, 09:41:31 AM »
"A hundred likes. A HUNDRED!"

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #332 on: November 10, 2014, 01:59:31 PM »
I'm watching Press Your Luck right now, and episode #594 is playing on my TV. The 9 that have been skipped are December 23-January 3.
You called it, although I suppose on the plus side this means there's no skipping between this Friday and next Monday, plus shows 594-597 get exposure for the first time since the USA repeats. Plus, hey, we still don't know how far this lease goes! :)

That said, the scheduled-then-skipped episodes may end up airing -- this post by one of the admins at Game Show Paradise (who emailed GSN recently, asking if they had any special programming planned for the holidays) indicates that GSN has some classic-related plans for Christmas/New Year's:

We anticipate having some more exciting news about Christmas and New Year’s programming ready to be announced in the next couple of weeks, and would encourage you to keep an eye out for it. There will be a few additional surprises for fans of our classic programming as well as our more contemporary shows, and it is our hope that you will enjoy it all while you celebrate the holidays.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

JonSea31

« Reply #333 on: November 10, 2014, 06:17:09 PM »
I am not surprised that the four Christmas-themed episodes were going to be skipped in favor of the first full week of 1986.  I did agree with Vahan's theory, but I had to see it to believe it.  I would not be surprised if Christmas and New Year's weeks of Press Your Luck end up being reserved for the 2014 holiday season, and likely the same for Eubanks' Card Sharks and maybe The $25,000 Pyramid.  But in either event, I really am glad that GSN has finally started to air the 1986 episodes.  I did learn that the early 1986 episodes did air on USA in early 1989 - was that the last time the early 1986 episodes aired on USA, or have they been rebroadcast on USA since?

I do have to admit, it is great to finally get to see the Willie Nelson and Barbershop Quartet Whammy animations in pretty good quality.  And the audio of the Barbershop Quartet Whammy does sound familiar - doesn't it sound similar to the audio file used in Curt King's PYL game?
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #334 on: November 10, 2014, 06:21:03 PM »
There was no Christmas-Decorated week of $25,000 Pyramid in 1987. It was a repeat of the one from the year before.

JonSea31

« Reply #335 on: November 10, 2014, 06:22:06 PM »
Thanks for clarifying.  I guess I should have resorted to Xanfan's episode guide for reference.
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

Thunder

« Reply #336 on: November 10, 2014, 07:01:07 PM »

aaron sica

jimlangefan

« Reply #338 on: November 11, 2014, 08:42:31 PM »
For those who don't know already, Tim Holleran's run started today.
TV's Big Dealer

CoreyArcher

• Pick a corner
« Reply #339 on: November 20, 2014, 09:36:04 PM »
Tim's final episode is the one where it appears Kevin Nealon and the late, great Jan Hooks storm the stage to offer congratulations. Was that ever confirmed?

Tim really squeaked out a couple of wins …

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #340 on: November 20, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »
Right, that was his Lot Night.
Travis L. Eberle

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #341 on: November 20, 2014, 09:57:55 PM »
I cannot wait to find out what lies past Tim Holleran's run before the endgame change for my episode guide.

I tried asking two people what was the cash jackpot on the final episode with the shopping endgame, and if the randomizer was put on the Fame Game by that time. One of them refused to help me, acted very rudely to me, telling me to "stop asking me these ridiculous questions" (They are NOT ridiculous questions!). The other, a trader named Andrew Kudey, said that he has it. But then he said that it was currently missing from his collection. He never retrieved it.

Well, all of that changes starting tomorrow.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #342 on: November 20, 2014, 10:02:21 PM »
You certainly have an interesting definition of "acting rudely to" you. Every time somebody doesn't do what you want, it's acting very rudely to you. And then we get to hear about it. (And a clunky way of stringing together the sentence, but that's neither here nor there.)
Travis L. Eberle

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #343 on: November 20, 2014, 10:04:35 PM »
But then why did one of them call my questions "ridiculous"? They sounded legitimate to me.

It wasn't like I asked him about latex balloons. Now THAT'S a ridiculous question. I can agree with you on that.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #344 on: November 20, 2014, 10:30:00 PM »
But then why did one of them call my questions "ridiculous"? They sounded legitimate to me.

It wasn't like I asked him about latex balloons. Now THAT'S a ridiculous question. I can agree with you on that.

Ah, so it's never a ridiculous question when *you* ask it. I get it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe