Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Major late September schedule changes  (Read 98139 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

Re: Major late September schedule changes
« Reply #270 on: October 23, 2014, 11:43:03 AM »
I was watching $25,000 Pyramid, and they showed a promo for the upcoming double airing of The New Crosswits.

Unlike All-Star Secrets and Babble, they looked great. None of the "faux film" quality.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #271 on: October 23, 2014, 12:21:47 PM »
You said New Crosswits and not Crosswits, right? Because that makes a bit of difference as to whether I'm impressed or I laugh at what the network is doing.
Travis L. Eberle

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #272 on: October 23, 2014, 12:27:14 PM »
You said New Crosswits and not Crosswits, right? Because that makes a bit of difference as to whether I'm impressed or I laugh at what the network is doing.

What's wrong, Travis? You hate the fact that some people may like the new version of the show?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #273 on: October 23, 2014, 12:38:16 PM »
No, but that's a lovely straw man you've built there.

If putting words into the mouth of another isn't against the rules, it should be.
Travis L. Eberle

tpirfan28

« Reply #274 on: October 23, 2014, 12:43:56 PM »
You said New Crosswits and not Crosswits, right?
It's the Sparks version, so yes, boo on that.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #275 on: October 23, 2014, 12:57:34 PM »

What's wrong, Travis? You hate the fact that some people may like the new version of the show?

Not again, Vahan...
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #276 on: October 23, 2014, 02:12:13 PM »

He asked a simple question. He wasn't attacking you.

According to Buzzerblog, it's an episode with Rosie O'Donnell and Arsenio Hall. I remember the latter making several appearances...didn't realize Rosie did the show.

It wasn't a terrible show, but a far, far cry from the Jack Clark version, and David seemed uneasy at times. That said, I love that GSN trotted out another rarity.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #277 on: October 23, 2014, 02:24:20 PM »
He asked a simple question. He wasn't attacking you.
That's right; I was asking which version of Crosswits it would be. Given that it's from 86 I don't care overmuch, they can do what they want and the "Before They Were Stars" might get them some eyeballs, but I prefer Clark to Sparks in a rout.

The fact that Vahan couldn't deal with the fact that I asked him a question says everything about his own state and nothing of my own.
Travis L. Eberle

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #278 on: October 26, 2014, 03:26:38 PM »
I like how the Charter Cable TV listings say it is the Jack Clark version.

Similar to when the revival first came out in 1986. TV Guide listed it as the Clark version.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #279 on: October 26, 2014, 09:27:47 PM »
Question: Why is GSN acting like The New Crosswits from the 1980's was Arsenio Hall's game show debut?

Do they know about The Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour?

Where are the original master tapes for MGHS?

PYLdude

« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2014, 09:33:52 PM »
Question: Why is GSN acting like The New Crosswits from the 1980's was Arsenio Hall's game show debut?

You know that the issue with MGHS doesn't have to do with the episodes existing, right?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2014, 09:35:38 PM »
I am aware of that, but are the tapes in Fremantle's hands, or MGM's hands? Which of the two companies is it?

PYLdude

« Reply #282 on: October 26, 2014, 10:06:59 PM »
I am aware of that, but are the tapes in Fremantle's hands, or MGM's hands? Which of the two companies is it?

Who's to say either have them, and did MGM regain the Squares rights? I was under the impression that CBS still had them.

If that's all you were asking, Vahan, it certainly didn't look like it at first. Came off like you were demanding GSN get them.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #283 on: October 26, 2014, 10:13:02 PM »
It shouldn't be surprising that the guide has the wrong information. There have been incorrect guide listings in the past few years that listed Bill Cullen as the host of The Price Is Right and Chuck Woolery as the host of Wheel of Fortune.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

BrandonFG

« Reply #284 on: October 26, 2014, 10:18:32 PM »

1) Did they actually say it's his first game show?
2) Even if they did, who cares? My guess is GSN wasn't aware of it, and even if so, no one outside of this forum is going to recognize the difference. They've prolly never even heard of Crosswits or knew that someone decided to merge two classic game shows from the 1970s.

It's really not a big deal...just sit back and enjoy the rare show, and not try to find minutae in all this.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:44:33 PM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!