Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Major late September schedule changes  (Read 99091 times)

BillCullen1

Re: Major late September schedule changes
« Reply #225 on: October 10, 2014, 01:40:05 PM »
On Thursday Oct 9 when they were about to repeat Babble, the GSN promo said to stay tuned for another episode of Let's Ask America. Someone didn't read the memo.

weaklink75

« Reply #226 on: October 10, 2014, 07:27:56 PM »
I actually forgot about the special stuff on Sunday- thought it was this coming week instead of last week. Did DVR the Thursday airing though...

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #228 on: October 11, 2014, 01:26:34 AM »
Cross-Wits is on the 26th. At least for now, there's no special programming on the 12th or 19th.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Johnissoevil

« Reply #229 on: October 11, 2014, 11:04:42 AM »
I remember in 2000 we used to complain about them airing The Newlywed Game at least 7 times a day, but man, that was tame compared to the amount of Harvey Feud they're airing.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2014, 11:14:12 AM »
I remember in 2000 we used to complain about them airing The Newlywed Game at least 7 times a day, but man, that was tame compared to the amount of Harvey Feud they're airing.

You gotta strike while the iron's hot.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

cyclone45

« Reply #231 on: October 11, 2014, 07:00:28 PM »
Thanks Dan. I don't wanna miss Cross-Wits...had one epi on a Certon-T120 way back when.

/have no idea why I remember the brand of the tape

beatlefreak84

« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2014, 02:30:08 AM »
I just did some quick math, and it looks like GSN's schedule, pending the changes listed become permanent, now consists of 48 hours/week of Harvey Feud.

If you take out paid programming, that means about 35% of GSN's active schedule is just Harvey Feud.  If you include O'Hurley's version, then about 39% of GSN's active schedule is some form of Family Feud.

I know it's their top-rated "rerun", but, wowee...talk about putting all of your eggs in one basket!  Even if the basket is cheap, I can't see this being a viable strategy forever.

\just glad weekday mornings are still decent
\\I'm honestly shocked there isn't a Steve Harvey Network...or is GSN planning on an identity change?

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

snowpeck

« Reply #233 on: October 13, 2014, 07:29:18 PM »
Noticed the PDF for the week of October 20 has updated. Changes from the previous week carry over, the two episodes of 25K Pyramid noted as being skipped have been reinstated, and the Crosswits hour on 10/26 has moved to 11pm ET.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Jamey Greek

« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2014, 12:22:59 AM »
And I heard from a friend who frequents the game show follies board that Second Chance will be coming to the Time Capsule.

gamed121683

« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2014, 08:43:02 AM »
And I heard from a friend who frequents the game show follies board that Second Chance will be coming to the Time Capsule.

Assuming this source is correct, we can finally put the "alphabetical order" theory to rest.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2014, 09:04:02 AM »
Proof or Not Real, and proof can't be a link to someone's speculation on what is Casey Abell's blog.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #237 on: October 14, 2014, 09:12:42 AM »
And speaking of which, someone on Casey Abell''s blog said to mark his words, that Harvey Feud will find a place on the weekday schedule before Noon.

Yeah, like I'm really gonna believe that.

BillCullen1

« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2014, 10:26:42 AM »
And speaking of which, someone on Casey Abell''s blog said to mark his words, that Harvey Feud will find a place on the weekday schedule before Noon.

Yeah, like I'm really gonna believe that.

Hey, if GSN thinks it'll get ratings, they might try it.
I take it that Karn's Feud is completely off GSN's current schedule.

SwohS Emag

« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
I echo those who send their compliments to GSN for airing classics for us.  While we all many of us yearn for a GSN of the past (even one that shows Eubanks Newlywed Game 7x per day), having anything at all is a thrill.  Just look at what we have:

-a $25,000 pyramid lease that hasn't been seen since the mid-90s or early-00s, depending on which part of it we're talking about.
-a Press Your Luck lease that hasn't been seen since the early-90s.  (Or is it late-80s?)
-a Sale of the Century lease that hasn't been seen since the early-90s.

For many of us, the early-90s were a time when we were too young to really comprehend what we were watching, so it is a refreshing change.

The Time Capsules are the "lagniappe."

And IdioTest is really not all that bad - a clever concept with an interesting execution.  Plus, they haven't given up on Shiny Floor Games - with the Chase and the Line on the way soon.

It's a very good network - and this is, all things considered, a really good era for game shows.  Be appreciative.

EDIT:  Edited the "absolute" statement above to a "relative" one to appease any dissenters.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 01:16:47 PM by SwohS Emag »