Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Major late September schedule changes  (Read 98143 times)

Allstar87

Re: Major late September schedule changes
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2014, 10:43:32 PM »
One thing I noticed about this Secrets episode was the $1,500 sign in the last round...as far as I remember, the other four episodes on the circuit don't have that. The nametags looked different too.

Was great to see another episode...I love the theme song too. Hope it shows up in the clear someday. :)

Sodboy13

« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2014, 11:03:26 PM »
That "$1500" was definitely added in post at *some* point, because those digits wouldn't have fit in the three-character, 5x7 eggcrate display.

Neither of these shows really appealed to me, but it's fascinating to see this "fringe" stuff appear on television. Hopefully the branding deal means it will continue for a good little while.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 11:06:53 PM by Sodboy13 »
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

gamed121683

« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2014, 11:05:51 PM »
Oddly, the copy of Babble on YT had slightly better framerate.

I wouldn't be surprise if all of these programs on this block came from Wink Martindale's collection.

I'd doubt that. Maybe the UCLA collection??? Both shows were definitely from non-broadcast-quality sources!

"Babble" wasn't too bad of a format; just a little slow-paced.

ETA: I know where they got the shows from!!! And if some of you hang out on Facebook, you'll know too.....

Does it rhyme with "BlinkInc." by any chance?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2014, 11:07:26 PM »
It is not.
Travis L. Eberle

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2014, 11:14:38 PM »
I was thinking John Ricci Jr., since he seems to be where most of the super-rare stuff comes from.

If it's not him, then who/what?

(EDIT: Adam Nedeff, with Matt O. converting the tapes to a format GSN can use. Also, turns out about 40 episodes of All Star Secrets exist.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 11:37:38 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2014, 01:26:28 AM »
(EDIT: Adam Nedeff, with Matt O. converting the tapes to a format GSN can use. Also, turns out about 40 episodes of All Star Secrets exist.)

That's too bad. But as far as I know, it depended on the producer, not the network. Hill & Eubanks saw no rerun value in the show, so they let NBC destroy the original masters.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #201 on: October 06, 2014, 03:31:20 AM »

That's too bad. But as far as I know, it depended on the producer, not the network. Hill & Eubanks saw no rerun value in the show, so they let NBC destroy the original masters.

That's the first I've ever heard of this.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BillCullen1

« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2014, 01:26:55 PM »
I enjoyed watching Secrets and Babble. I can't remember the last time I saw Abbe Labe on anything. Babble was slow paced, but I liked the "surprise" celeb guest at the end.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2014, 01:46:38 PM »
I enjoyed watching Secrets and Babble. I can't remember the last time I saw Abbe Labe on anything.

Abbe Labe's never been on anything.  Now Abbe Lane, on the other hand, . . .    8)

/Lane did HSq a few times.  Also did a week of GONG in 1977.
//Sorry, couldn't resist.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BillCullen1

« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2014, 02:06:52 PM »
Oops, I did it again.  :) I also see that according to Wiki (yeah, I know), Abbe was married to Xavier Cugat, so she and Charo have something in common. Abbe, however, was of legal age when she said "I do" to Cugie.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #205 on: October 06, 2014, 02:20:25 PM »
Abbe Lane was also on Funny You Should Ask. There's a picture of her, with several other celebrities on that show in The Encyclopedia of TV Game Shows.

Other Game Show credits of her's include What's My Line and The All New All Star Beat the Clock.

aaron sica

« Reply #206 on: October 06, 2014, 03:28:02 PM »
Abbe Lane was also on Funny You Should Ask. There's a picture of her, with several other celebrities on that show in The Encyclopedia of TV Game Shows.

Other Game Show credits of her's include What's My Line and The All New All Star Beat the Clock.

She was also on a first season episode of "The Brady Bunch" playing someone who wanted Mike to design a cosmetic factory for her.

jimlangefan

« Reply #207 on: October 06, 2014, 03:48:08 PM »
She was also on, with Xavier Cugat, Make The Connection with Gene Rayburn and Place The Face with Bill Cullen.
TV's Big Dealer

Ian Wallis

« Reply #208 on: October 07, 2014, 08:54:32 AM »
Babble was OK but I really enjoyed All-Star Secrets.  Whenever I was home from school back then I watched it...that is, until Whew! came along in the same time slot.  Glad to hear 40 episodes or so exist...maybe we'll see a bit more of it eventually.

Wasn't Eubanks a bit of a jerk at times?  In the Jamie Farr UFO story, he immediately turned up his nose and said "I don't believe in flying saucers" - as if to discredit the story.  Nice way to treat a guest!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #209 on: October 07, 2014, 12:15:23 PM »
Wasn't Eubanks a bit of a jerk at times? 
Some times?
Travis L. Eberle