Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Major late September schedule changes  (Read 99146 times)

Pyramid80

Re: Major late September schedule changes
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2014, 11:53:32 PM »
Also noticed they're moving into episodes of $25K Pyramid from November 1987 that they've shown before (even though they're marked as being new-to-GSN).

Greg, I noticed two episodes skipped (not that I'm complaining too much about it.) Did GSN show the Monday episode of the Alison La Placa & Tom Villard week in the past?
No idea. The lone episode I have from that week in my collection is the Tuesday show, so that doesn't help. I've never seen any more than two episodes in anyone else's collections though, so it's quite possible that they skipped it in the early 2000s as well.
I taped those Pyramid episodes when they aired on GSN the last time, and I only have two in my collection.  I would have to go back and watch them to see if I can figure out which day they are.  So maybe the two skipped episodes are the ones that previously aired in the early 2000's.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2014, 12:01:59 AM »
Also good to see that the Sale and Press leases are continuing without skips. :)

There was a very obscure cable channel whose name escapes me...ATN or something. Crosswits aired there c. 1997-98.
AIN (American Independent Network), and you have the dates right.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

snowpeck

« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2014, 12:08:38 AM »
I taped those Pyramid episodes when they aired on GSN the last time, and I only have two in my collection.  I would have to go back and watch them to see if I can figure out which day they are.  So maybe the two skipped episodes are the ones that previously aired in the early 2000's.
It was only a three day week (Thanksgiving) so now I'm really leaning toward them having skipped it before. The other one they're skipping is the Friday show of the previous week.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:11:06 AM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BrandonFG

« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2014, 12:50:47 AM »
There was a very obscure cable channel whose name escapes me...ATN or something. Crosswits aired there c. 1997-98.
Yes! Thank you!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BillCullen1

« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2014, 10:03:17 AM »
Some interesting things on the Card Sharks ep that was shown on Oct. 3. Lacey was telling everyone how to apply for a special children's week of shows. When Bob Eubanks cued her, she said "Thanks Bill." Apparently she thought it was the nighttime version with Rafferty. She knew she goofed right after she said it. Bob responded by saying "That's okay Vanna."

Also, they had an "educated guess" question" - How old is Dick Clark? IIRC, the answer was 58.

jimlangefan

« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2014, 02:08:40 PM »
Yes! Thank you!

Crosswits aired on that channel through 2001.  When I first moved to Salt Lake City, I ended up catching the last 12 episodes they aired before it was taken off.
TV's Big Dealer

tpirfan28

« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2014, 04:01:04 PM »
Two episodes of the David Sparks version of Crosswits are scheduled to air on 10/26/14.
So they are going alphabetical.  I'll take a wild stab and say "D" will be Doubletalk.

(Shame it's not the Jack Clark version.)
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

SwohS Emag

« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2014, 04:09:37 PM »
Two episodes of the David Sparks version of Crosswits are scheduled to air on 10/26/14.
So they are going alphabetical.  I'll take a wild stab and say "D" will be Doubletalk.

(Shame it's not the Jack Clark version.)

The "evidence" that they are going alphabetical is STILL circumstantial, at best.

Pyramid80

« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2014, 05:31:51 PM »
Personally, I hope you are right!

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2014, 05:32:52 PM »
Pyramid80, did you check the copies of the La Placa & Villard episodes that you recorded to see if you really only got Tuesday and Wednesday?

Pyramid80

« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2014, 06:04:17 PM »
Pyramid80, did you check the copies of the La Placa & Villard episodes that you recorded to see if you really only got Tuesday and Wednesday?
I haven't yet, but will try and do that tomorrow.  Got to find the tape and hook up a VCR.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2014, 06:05:39 PM »
Thank you for your help, pyramid80.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2014, 08:17:52 PM »
So they are going alphabetical. 

I have to admit, I am amused by this development.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2014, 08:30:39 PM »
So they are going alphabetical. 

I have to admit, I am amused by this development.
Another common bond between the four shows is early game show appearances of comedy stars--Billy Crystal, Brad Garrett, Rosie O'Donnell, and Arsenio Hall.

If this is indeed alphabetical, why are we getting two C shows instead of a C and a D?  I'm also puzzled as to the three week gap between tomorrow night's shows and Crosswits.