Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Major late September schedule changes  (Read 98083 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Major late September schedule changes
« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2014, 12:10:58 AM »
Now that I think about it, maybe I should have made my point a bit clear. By that I mean saying that the addition of the star wheel was for the best.

That, and Dawson was on the panel during the first few weeks with said wheel.

Now see, here's where I'm lost.

How long had the Star Wheel been in place before he left? I seem to remember the old set still being used when it debuted and I know Dawson was still on the show when they changed the set later in the year.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2014, 12:13:59 AM »
He was on the first eight weeks with the Star Wheel in 1978.

On the fourth week with Star Wheel, the set changed. The last four weeks with Dawson on the panel were six-episode taping sessions (meaning they also each had a PM episode).

http://www.retrogameshows.com/matchgame/mg78.html

http://www.retrogameshows.com/matchgame/mgpm4.html

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2014, 01:11:43 PM »
What I said was that he shouldn't claim the high road in this case because he's been just as dismissive of people's opinions (especially Vahan's) based on merit as anyone else (even I've been guilty of it more times than I can count).
Who's claiming what road?

There's a difference between disagreement and dismissal:

Vahan put out an opinion based on a scheduling change. I asked "Why do you have that opinion?" He plainly said "because (reason)." without taking up a defensive position. He did it exactly right, and perhaps unintentionally started an interesting conversation. Pertaining to this topic I've no beef with him, and I don't get where you're coming from.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:14:42 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2014, 01:36:01 PM »
GSN ran a promo for the rarities on Sunday Oct. 5 at 9 pm EST.

Pyramid80

« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2014, 02:45:05 PM »
GSN ran a promo for the rarities on Sunday Oct. 5 at 9 pm EST.
Cool!  Did the promo make it sound like a one time deal?  (According to the pdf's, that seems to be the case with the exception of next Thursday).

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2014, 03:54:04 PM »
I could've sworn somebody posted (but danged if I can find it) that Blockbusters has gone back to December 1981 and the SP episodes pick up where they left off with Betty White and G. Gordon Liddy.

Which brings up a question--there's an archived page on teh webz of a 1981 BB episode guide that has NBC skipping two weeks (going from 12/3/81, when today's first ep aired, to 12/18/81, when today's second episode aired).  Something seems wrong here.  Either NBC cobbled with two weeks of reruns, or the dates are way off (I think the 12/18/81 airdate is accurate--apparently that's the week with the Xmas tree).

Anyone know for sure?
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2014, 05:14:47 PM »
I also noticed the episode guide for 1982 is off by one number (I.e finale was 372, not 371).

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »
Speaking of episode guides:

I have PM'd Ian Wallis to let him know that I am compiling airdates and players' information for the episodes of Press Your Luck that GSN currently has the rights to.

I have also resumed work on the Super Password guide, which I will post here once I am done with it. The guide has been over 6 years in the making, and I am so happy to get back to working on it.

And last of all, I have resumed work on the Syndicated Sale of the Century episode guide.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 05:56:14 PM by Vahan_Nisanian »

chad1m

« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2014, 06:16:42 PM »
Here's the promo for what's being labeled the Tylenol Time Capsule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP5AZzXx0dg&list=UUTparG3LaC_RDcXgkMorytA

SwohS Emag

« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2014, 10:24:47 PM »
Um, yeah, so...

Two episodes of the David Sparks version of Crosswits are scheduled to air on 10/26/14.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/78149cbe-e1d2-4506-b10c-a3e786cf21e7

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2014, 10:28:41 PM »
This version of Crosswits last aired on Family Channel, didn't it?

BrandonFG

« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2014, 10:37:19 PM »
This version of Crosswits last aired on Family Channel, didn't it?
There was a very obscure cable channel whose name escapes me...ATN or something. Crosswits aired there c. 1997-98.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

snowpeck

« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2014, 11:08:46 PM »
Also noticed they're moving into episodes of $25K Pyramid from November 1987 that they've shown before (even though they're marked as being new-to-GSN).
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #163 on: October 03, 2014, 11:14:40 PM »
Also noticed they're moving into episodes of $25K Pyramid from November 1987 that they've shown before (even though they're marked as being new-to-GSN).

Greg, I noticed two episodes skipped (not that I'm complaining too much about it.) Did GSN show the Monday episode of the Alison La Placa & Tom Villard week in the past?

snowpeck

« Reply #164 on: October 03, 2014, 11:30:13 PM »

Greg, I noticed two episodes skipped (not that I'm complaining too much about it.) Did GSN show the Monday episode of the Alison La Placa & Tom Villard week in the past?
No idea. The lone episode I have from that week in my collection is the Tuesday show, so that doesn't help. I've never seen any more than two episodes in anyone else's collections though, so it's quite possible that they skipped it in the early 2000s as well.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:41:48 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)