Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Major late September schedule changes  (Read 98995 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Major late September schedule changes
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2014, 05:08:34 PM »
But the weekend schedule does show that Family Feud with Dawson was still airing.   The schedule shows and proves that Family Feud '94 and Price were on separate leases from the rest of the G-T library.  I posted the whole schedule to show both of those points.

The original assertion was:

I just realized something. This will be the first time that Richard Dawson will not be seen on GSN at all

...which is clearly (and now proven to be) a large crock. Now, if we're hinging it all on the second part:

either on MG or FF.

to qualify the whole thing to suggest "when either MG or FF (in any flavor) is on GSN, Richard Dawson appears on at least one of those", then fine; I'm still not absolutely convinced of the veracity of the statement, but at the same time that's a really really uninteresting statement so I don't really care that much.

But I promise you Vahan is in no position to be taking a snotty little "does X ring any bells?" stand.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SuperSweeper

« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2014, 05:11:42 PM »
After seeing those schedules, I'm glad that I didn't have GSN back then; otherwise, I would've been glued to the TV nearly 24/7.

jimlangefan

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2014, 05:19:29 PM »
But the weekend schedule does show that Family Feud with Dawson was still airing.   The schedule shows and proves that Family Feud '94 and Price were on separate leases from the rest of the G-T library.  I posted the whole schedule to show both of those points.

The original assertion was:

I just realized something. This will be the first time that Richard Dawson will not be seen on GSN at all

...which is clearly (and now proven to be) a large crock. Now, if we're hinging it all on the second part:

either on MG or FF.

to qualify the whole thing to suggest "when either MG or FF (in any flavor) is on GSN, Richard Dawson appears on at least one of those", then fine; I'm still not absolutely convinced of the veracity of the statement, but at the same time that's a really really uninteresting statement so I don't really care that much.

But I promise you Vahan is in no position to be taking a snotty little "does X ring any bells?" stand.

Absolutely agreed and I will give you that.
TV's Big Dealer

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2014, 05:35:10 PM »
I was reading Casey Abell's blog, and an individual named "HD" commented on one of Casey's blog entries. According to HD, both Travis Eberle and Chris Lemmon are the same person, because according to HD, both Travis and Chris behave the same. And also according to HD, because both Travis and Chris live in Seattle.

chad1m

« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2014, 05:45:36 PM »
According to HD, both Travis Eberle and Chris Lemmon are the same person
What relevance does this incredibly incorrect statement have to do with the topic at hand?

jimlangefan

« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2014, 05:49:09 PM »
I was reading Casey Abell's blog, and an individual named "HD" commented on one of Casey's blog entries. According to HD, both Travis Eberle and Chris Lemmon are the same person, because according to HD, both Travis and Chris behave the same. And also according to HD, because both Travis and Chris live in Seattle.

And you seriously wonder why people give you so much crap on here?
TV's Big Dealer

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2014, 05:52:02 PM »
This isn't even worthy of popcorn. Thanks for trying though.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2014, 06:08:32 PM »
Our high-definition poster is wrong as I don't live in Seattle.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2014, 06:58:55 PM »
Sit this one out, kid. Grown folks are talking. Your point is irrelevant and idiotic on so many, many levels that it's not even funny. We get it, you hate Chris and Travis.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:31:42 PM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chrisholland03

« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2014, 07:03:31 PM »
Just when you think you've seen it all...

;D

Thunder

« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »
Sit this one out, kid. Grown folks are talking. Your point irrelevant and idiotic on so many, many levels that it's not even funny. We get it, you hate Chris and Travis.

Using "Your point irrelevant" after "Grown folks are talking" is quite hilarious. Just sayin.

BrandonFG

« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2014, 07:32:07 PM »
Sit this one out, kid. Grown folks are talking. Your point is irrelevant and idiotic on so many, many levels that it's not even funny. We get it, you hate Chris and Travis.

Using "Your point irrelevant" after "Grown folks are talking" is quite hilarious. Just sayin.
Eh whatever. Fixed.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2014, 07:45:35 PM »
Here's the link to that thread so that you can see his mention of it for yourself. And for entertainment value, you can also see where he says GSN started this because he trashed Skin Wars on his blog...  ::)
I think you misread his posts, because nowhere in the post you linked to or the one a bit further down in the thread have Abell claiming what you say he is. To quote the latter:

Actually, what's bringing in the ratings lately is Skin Wars, and GSN is getting an earful about it from traditional game show fans. I trashed the show on my blog, for instance. That's why this "Time Capsule" thing has popped up all of a sudden, IMO. The network is planning more reality stuff and knows it's going to get a bad reaction from traditional fans. So they're refreshing the old shows in the lineup and offering a game show rarities series to placate them.

I know this sounds a little like a conspiracy theory, but it makes some sense. The network will definitely program more non-traditional shows, especially after the big demo numbers for Skin Wars. So they don't want endless screaming from traditional game show fans, particularly fans of the older shows. After all, GSN isn't planning a complete makeover into a reality network...yet. At least I don't think they're planning that.
He's pretty clearly noting that Skin Wars is doing well in the ratings, traditional game show fans (including Abell himself) are giving GSN crap about doing yet another non-traditional show and/or that said show is bad (I've never seen it, so I can't judge either way), and he theorizes that this -- and possibly a move for future non-traditional programming based on said Skin Wars ratings -- is why the Time Capsule thing sprung up suddenly.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:52:03 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2014, 08:15:20 PM »
Our high-definition poster is wrong as I don't live in Seattle.

Making it doubly funny: neither do I :)

/at least have enough respect to spell my farking name right
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2014, 09:13:11 PM »
So wait...you weren't in Thunder in Paradise?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022