Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Major late September schedule changes  (Read 98089 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Re: Major late September schedule changes
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2014, 05:24:39 PM »
GSN, stay awesome in regard to the classics. :)

PYL starting at 561? Would that be the final season of the show?
Yep -- November 19, 1985, two shows after the latest GSN's previously gone in the run (skipping #560), per Jason Hernandez's episode guide.

syndicated Sale starting at episode 69.
Given that Season 1 apparently had 100 episodes, if this lease is even half as big as the initial one there's a good chance we see the start of Season 2.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2014, 05:26:29 PM »
No, it is November 18, 1985. It was just recently proven that the Back-to-School episodes were #500-#505. #500 was unaired, even on USA Network. #560 was November 15, 1985.

I can't find it now, but I do remember seeing an older PDF from September 2008, which listed 11/15/85 as #560.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2014, 05:41:52 PM »
Looks like a good possibility then that we'll soon see an esteemed member of our forum in the GSN morning block.

Oh, that's why we should be getting our recording devices ready!

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2014, 05:44:55 PM »
I can't find it now, but I do remember seeing an older PDF from September 2008, which listed 11/15/85 as #560.
You're right, GSN lists #560 as airing on September 4, 2008.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2014, 06:30:09 PM »
Looks like a good possibility then that we'll soon see an esteemed member of our forum in the GSN morning block.

Oh, that's why we should be getting our recording devices ready!

I hear he's quite the swinger. :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

JonSea31

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2014, 08:02:01 PM »
Well, one word sums up the news:  YAY!

Card Sharks returns with the Bob Eubanks version, and with the car game debut to boot!  I know the episode is on YT, but it would be nice for me to record a better quality version to replace the version I downloaded quite a while ago.  Plus, this limited range of episodes have not been shown on GSN since February or March 2007, if I recall.  Definitely long overdue for me to see them and have a chance to record them.

Press Your Luck is, by far, the highlight of the good news for sure!  After waiting patiently for nearly a decade, we're finally getting at least a limited range of episodes from the final 198 episodes of the run, starting with Day 21 of the third and final Home Player Sweepstakes.  On October 6, unless GSN decides to skip it, the All-Cash Bonus Board episode should appear on GSN.  Plus it will be fun to see the November 1985 episodes that are likely not on the trading circuit - including the return of $2000 or Lose-1-Whammy after a five-week hiatus in the run.  There's no certainty if January 1986 will be included in this current lease, but at least it's a step in the right direction for sure.  It will also be fun to finally get to see the Bicycle Whammy, as well as the Whammies impersonating Willie Nelson, Liberace, and Ben Franklin appear on GSN.  I know that there are episodes from November and December 1985 on YT, but it would be great for me to record better quality broadcasts to replace the ones I downloaded quite a while ago.

$ale of the Century is getting fresh episodes, continuing from where it left off in the syndicated run - Episode S-069.  It will be a shame that I won't have any more 1988-89 NBC episodes to record that I didn't get to record back in 2013, though I have a lot of the 1989 episodes already, including LaRae Dillman's run.  But, at least we get a great exchange, and I am certainly happy with it.  Makes me wonder if we'll eventually be getting the Winner's Board era of the Syndicated version?  Time will tell.  Maybe Matt Ottinger's appearance might be in the new lease.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:13:28 PM by JonSea31 »
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

chrisholland03

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2014, 08:58:50 PM »
Maybe Matt Ottinger's appearance might be in the new lease.

*smacks forehead*

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2014, 09:14:15 PM »
Maybe Matt Ottinger's appearance might be in the new lease.

*smacks forehead*

Don't smack it too hard.  Until Jimmy's "swinger" comment, *I* didn't even realize you guys were talking about me!

It would be...interesting to see that again.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2014, 09:16:25 PM »
I thought Matt appeared in the first syndicated season? Did they only lease part of season one?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2014, 09:16:46 PM »
Matt Ottinger's episode was S-095 , and it aired on May 17, 1985. Second-to-last week of season 1 of the Syndicated edition.

Current Cash Jackpot: $78,000

snowpeck

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2014, 09:19:34 PM »
Matt Ottinger's episode was S-095 , and it aired on May 17, 1985. Second-to-last week of season 1 of the Syndicated edition.

Current Cash Jackpot: $78,000
This new package starts with S-069, so unless they skip it for some reason, we should see it this time around.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2014, 09:20:33 PM »

I could have sworn it was the final week.  They must have taped both weeks with the pool of folks they had on hand, because one of my few specific memories is being told what would happen to the final defending champion.  They had not yet been renewed at that point, so they said that the champion on the final day could say he was playing on, but if the show didn't get renewed, he'd be given whatever prize he had reached.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2014, 10:10:53 PM »
A little disappointed my daily fix of Super Password is being replaced with syndicated DOND, but then again with Price starting back up again, I wasn't going to be watching it much anyway. At least it's still on weekends.

So many more goodies to look at in broadcast quality! GSN's getting people excited again.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2014, 07:09:29 PM »
The master tapes of All-Star Secrets might still be around, who'd have thunk it?

Since All-Star Secrets was from 1979, theoretically there should be at least a bit of it around...but from what we know they haven't found Mindreaders yet...which came on after ASS (sorry) was cancelled...so who knows?  There might just be scattered episodes.  Besides the June 1979 episode GSN is airing, there are four other episodes of ASS (couldn't resist) from original broadcasts in the circuit - one of which features Bill Cullen.

I've been without GSN for quite a while, but after hearing about these changes, I think I'm going to finally upgrade my digital cable package to get the channel again.  Looking forward to seeing what the following Sunday brings!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2014, 07:12:21 PM »
The master tapes of All-Star Secrets might still be around, who'd have thunk it?

Since All-Star Secrets was from 1979, theoretically there should be at least a bit of it around...but from what we know they haven't found Mindreaders yet...which came on after ASS (sorry) was cancelled...so who knows?  There might just be scattered episodes.  Besides the June 1979 episode GSN is airing, there are four other episodes of ASS (couldn't resist) from original broadcasts in the circuit - one of which features Bill Cullen.

I've been without GSN for quite a while, but after hearing about these changes, I think I'm going to finally upgrade my digital cable package to get the channel again.  Looking forward to seeing what the following Sunday brings!

There's also one with Arnold Schwarzenegger.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:16:59 PM by Vahan_Nisanian »