Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Major late September schedule changes  (Read 99605 times)

Pyramid80

Re: Major late September schedule changes
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 06:55:16 PM »
I would urge people to consider getting GSN for the duration of the change.
Matt, are you teasing us?  ;-)

gamed121683

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2014, 07:08:37 PM »
I'll take a guess out of left field- Maybe they're going to do a "The Gameshow Dead" stunt in October with unaired pilots- 9pm Sundays is when The Walking Dead airs on AMC (though they don't start until the 12th), and it'd be a cute counter-programming thing for a few weeks..

You know, doing some research, both All-Star Secrets and Babble had the same producer (Micheal Hill). Between that fact & weaklink75's statement, he might not be that far off.

Matt, are you teasing us?  ;-)

Yes, I too smell a Matt, er, rat.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2014, 07:10:52 PM »
I'll take a guess out of left field- Maybe they're going to do a "The Gameshow Dead" stunt in October with unaired pilots- 9pm Sundays is when The Walking Dead airs on AMC (though they don't start until the 12th), and it'd be a cute counter-programming thing for a few weeks..
This actually sounds like a brilliant idea. If something like this does happen, I might consider falling out of my seat.

Those of you who record things are going to want to make sure that your recording-things thing is in good working order.
Don't make me giddy.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

gamed121683

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 10:39:23 PM »
It just dawned on me that GSN's 20th anniversary is coming up in December. I wonder if "The Miguel Hill Hour" is part of the... "pre-festivities", if that makes sense? I still feel that weaklink75's "Game Show Dead" stunt idea is the best guess, though.

The master tapes of All-Star Secrets might still be around, who'd have thunk it? 

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2014, 10:44:10 PM »
And yet, we still do not know the status of the NBC Daytime episodes of Sale of the Century from January 1983 to August 1988.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2014, 10:49:37 PM »
And yet, we still do not know the status of the NBC Daytime episodes of Sale of the Century from January 1983 to August 1988.

And yet you continue to bring this up as if we're going to magically start caring.

It's clear Mitt Dawson was wrong when he said the cues didn't exist, so I'm pretty sure he was wrong when he clai.ed those episodes don't exist either.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

chad1m

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2014, 04:04:42 PM »
More in-depth notes show that Bob Eubanks will be our daytime Card Sharks host. We've got new-to-GSN Press Your Luck and Sale episodes coming too.  The week of September 29 has Press Your Luck's episodes starting at 561 and syndicated Sale starting at episode 69. The $25,000 Pyramid continues its new-to-GSN run in October 1987.

The All Star Secrets episode airing is from June 1979 with Billy Crystal and Jamie Farr among others. The Babble pilot is also touted as featuring Brad Garrett, with Betty White, Marcia Wallace and others.

(They have new-to-GSN Harvey Feud too, but I'm guessing that's the least to get excited about in this crowd.)

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2014, 04:28:03 PM »
So just what exactly is the reason they'll be showing All-Star Secrets and Babble, of all programs?

snowpeck

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2014, 04:37:34 PM »
Looks like a good possibility then that we'll soon see an esteemed member of our forum in the GSN morning block.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

tvwxman

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »

My goodness, that's a lot of Feud when you look at it on the grid.
I thought the exact same thing.

This is the new world TV order - appointment tv isn't a thing anymore, esp when you can watch the same dang show on a variety of tv channels.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2014, 04:51:34 PM »
I'm reminded of the late-90s, when sitcoms like The Cosby Show, Full House and Saved by the Bell aired incessantly across several cable networks, plus any local channels that might air reruns. The difference is you might've gotten about a half-dozen episodes of each show per day. Nowadays it's six hours' worth, minimum.

I did the math. Looks like 35 hours of Harvey Feud on GSN per week. Then at least five more hours on TV Land, and at least another hour or so on BET (not sure on the scheduling there). And that's just reruns; with local affiliates that air an hour of new episodes, and others that might air another hour of reruns, you could get close to 50 hours of Steve Harvey hosting Family Feud. His agent is happy, that's for sure!

Seems like it's easier for cable stations to simply air marathons of the same show every day. From an economic standpoint, I suppose it makes sense.

/See History Channel and Pawn Stars
//Remember 20 years ago when the concept of a 500-channel universe sounded intriguing?
///Give me the 60 channels from back then any day
////And get off my lawn
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2014, 05:02:57 PM »
//Remember 20 years ago when the concept of a 500-channel universe sounded intriguing?
I remember our cable box had thirteen buttons and a three-way switcher. You could go from 2 to 39, and by golly that was more than enough by a while.

I don't think I actually watch more than a half-dozen of the cable channels I pay for.
Travis L. Eberle

jimlangefan

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2014, 05:08:03 PM »
PYL starting at 561?  Would that be the final season of the show? And talk about a change in Match Game episodes, they jump to the first season of the syndicated run. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 05:11:49 PM by jimlangefan »
TV's Big Dealer

BrandonFG

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2014, 05:12:51 PM »
I remember our cable box had thirteen buttons and a three-way switcher. You could go from 2 to 39, and by golly that was more than enough by a while.

I don't think I actually watch more than a half-dozen of the cable channels I pay for.
My antenna and Roku have been two of my favorite investments in a long time, even though I don't use the latter as much as I should. That said, the apps I pay for there (Netflix, Hulu+, Warner Archive, etc.) still add up to being much less than cable, and I don't mind them sitting idly.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »
PYL starting at 561?  Would that be the final season of the show? And talk about a change in Match Game episodes, they jump to the first season of the syndicated run.

It is November 18, 1985. The last week of the 3rd Home Player Game, and the week ended with an All-Cash Board for one lucky viewer. USA Network used to show the All-Cash Board episode quite a bit, beginning in 1993.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 05:25:14 PM by Vahan_Nisanian »