Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mind of a Man cancelled by GSN; The Chase renewed; Bible/Church on the bubble  (Read 24705 times)

Unrealtor

I often wondered what would happen on The Chase if The Beast caught all three contestants. A recent episode gave us the answer. I still think it's one of the best shows GSN has.

Our version is both higher stakes and harder than across the Atlantic, where all three go up against the chaser for the princely sum of £1,000.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Our version is both higher stakes and harder than across the Atlantic, where all three

All four, you mean?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Our version is both higher stakes and harder than across the Atlantic, where all three go up against the chaser for the princely sum of £1,000.
one player takes on the final chase, winning 4k for the team in a victory.
Travis L. Eberle

Unrealtor

I stand corrected. The three vs. four on the team was a slip of the brain, and I'm not sure where I'm remembering of those rules from.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

Jeremy Nelson

I'm really happy about The Chase's renewal for 20 new episodes, especially because they brought the show over and didn't compromise to add useless video packages and gimmicks.

The contestants this season haven't had much luck at all. I wonder if having less winers this time around contributed to the larger order (i.e. More budget for next season since nobody is winning this season)
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

The contestants this season haven't had much luck at all been utter dumbasses.

Fixed that for you. The lack of success has had nothing to do with "luck" and everything to do with just plain being morons. They have been poorer-quality players, not unlucky. Bottom line.

chad1m

Statistically compared to other seasons, this season's Final Chase averages are middling. These numbers discount the steps given at the start for x people making it through, it's solely steps earned by correct answers.

First aired batch of 6 episodes: An average of 13 steps earned with an average of 2 people playing the Final Chase

Second aired batch of 11 episodes: An average of 14.9 steps earned with an average of 2.18 people playing the Final Chase

So far in the current batch of episodes (8 episodes aired): An average of 13.75 steps earned with an average of 2.25 people playing the Final Chase (including the consolation Chase being counted as one person playing. Discounting that makes the average 2.13 people.)

Jimmy Owen

How much "on-screen" money has been given out this season?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

Since Mark hasn't been beaten yet, not a sausage.

Jimmy Owen

For me, it's not worth the investment in viewing time knowing that no one can beat the beast.  It may be great for the budget, but it's a letdown for me that no one wins anything.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

For me, it's not worth the investment in viewing time knowing that no one can beat the beast.  It may be great for the budget, but it's a letdown for me that no one wins anything.

This has been my point. If they continue to cast morons, there is no point in my continuing to watch.

MikeK

• Martha!

1 win, $80,000.

Outside of the win, every other team this season has had between a 13 and 17 step edge in the Final Chase.  Over half of the teams in season 2 (6 of 11) had at least an 18 step advantage.  Chris is right--worse players.

clemon79

1 win, $80,000.

Ah, must have been out of the gate, then, because I'd completely forgotten about it.

Thunder

Re: Mind of a Man cancelled by GSN; The Chase renewed; Bible/Church on the bubble
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2014, 12:16:48 AM »
(emphasis mine)

As opposed to...?

/Did I just fall for trollbait?

clemon79

Re: Mind of a Man cancelled by GSN; The Chase renewed; Bible/Church on the bubble
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2014, 12:28:16 AM »
As opposed to...?

I thought we established that contestants that lost still got a consolation prize of a few bucks.