Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mind of a Man cancelled by GSN; The Chase renewed; Bible/Church on the bubble  (Read 24704 times)

BrandonFG

I caught a glimpse of Tuesday's episode (aired at 11pm EST I believe).

I think the team of two got to the 17th step with a $55K bank, to The Beast's 13. However, he caught up with them with about :20 to go. I admit I haven't really seen too many eps., so I don't know whether that's an "average" performance or not.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
I think the team of two got to the 17th step with a $55K bank, to The Beast's 13. However, he caught up with them with about :20 to go. I admit I haven't really seen too many eps., so I don't know whether that's an "average" performance or not.

That's actually been pretty good compared to other recent teams. Which should tell you something.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
I'm still looking to see if two people from my audition group made it through. They passed the test and I didn't.

/they're two of the three former J! winners I mentioned
//including the one I thought I had a nice butt
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

MikeK

• Martha!
I'm sure he appreciates the compliment.

I'm gonna catch hell from Chris for that one...

PYLdude

I'm sure he appreciates the compliment.

I'm gonna catch hell from Chris for that one...

To be fair, the third one was a dude.

And I didn't look at his ass, so I couldn't tell you. ;)

While I've got this thread temporarily hijacked, I noticed that whenever I try out for a show I inevitably meet someone from Texas. What is it about New York based auditions that draw people from Texas?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

chad1m

The Chase has announced casting for season four. In September, they'll head to Los Angeles, Washington DC, Houston, New York City, Chicago and San Francisco. In October, they'll visit Indianapolis, Boston and Seattle. If you don't live near enough to a casting site, you can apply via video as well.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Oog. Submit a photo.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

The Chase has announced casting for season four. In September, they'll head to Los Angeles, Washington DC, Houston, New York City, Chicago and San Francisco. In October, they'll visit Indianapolis, Boston and Seattle. If you don't live near enough to a casting site, you can apply via video as well.

Hmm. Don't know if I should.

But I did.

I'll study this time.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:01:05 PM by PYLdude »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
What's the process at the audition site?
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

They bring you in, give you a name tag, and then videotape you for a brief moment when you come in the room.

Then they give you a.written test, with the questions relayed from a recording. When grading is done, you are told whether or not you passed and if you didn't your audition is over (think Jeopardy audition process without the video).

I invite others who have gotten beyond that point to fill in what happens next.

MikeK

• Martha!
Confirm your appointment, get a head shot taken by a contestant coordinator, take a 50 question test once everybody is seated and you sign off on some paperwork, wait, find out who passed the test, play about a dozen multiple choice questions with the remaining folks, leave, then pray you get the callback for the next day.

trainman

...play about a dozen multiple choice questions with the remaining folks...

Based on my experience:  they'll have you stand at the front of the room in a line for this part, and if at all possible, stand at one end or the other, not in the middle.  (Because you're supposed to explain your answer and they only started down the line at one end or the other -- I had trouble coming up with "new" ways to explain how I knew an answer, and don't feel like I ever got to express an "original" thought.)
trainman is a man of trains

MikeK

• Martha!
...play about a dozen multiple choice questions with the remaining folks...

Based on my experience:  they'll have you stand at the front of the room in a line for this part, and if at all possible, stand at one end or the other, not in the middle.  (Because you're supposed to explain your answer and they only started down the line at one end or the other -- I had trouble coming up with "new" ways to explain how I knew an answer, and don't feel like I ever got to express an "original" thought.)
They did that at my tryout as well.  Though I was placed in the middle, I was able to come up with correct answers with unique reasoning.  My problems were I got the callback when I was closer to home than Chicago (roughly 4 hours east of Chicago, about 2 hours from home) and I had commitments the next day (Easter Sunday).

Sodboy13

Day 2 of the audition is some solo interview time with the casting coordinators, a full mock round of Cash Builder and Chase, and then three potential contestants get put together for a mock Final Chase, complete with buzzers.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

BillCullen1

I often wondered what would happen on The Chase if The Beast caught all three contestants. A recent episode gave us the answer. I still think it's one of the best shows GSN has.