Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mind of a Man cancelled by GSN; The Chase renewed; Bible/Church on the bubble  (Read 24714 times)

LetsGoYankees

Mind of a Man will not return for a second season, after only averaging 257,000 viewers in forty episodes of new runs

The Chase will be renewed for a fourth season by GSN, which has averaged 544,000 total viewers this summer thus far.

American Bible Challenge and It Takes a Church are expected to be cancelled. Bible Season 3 averaged 550,000 viewers, down 33% from Season 2. It Takes a Church averaged 368,000 viewers, with steady drops and weak 18-49 demo throughout the season.
gameshownetworknews.blogspot.com
gameshownetworknews@gmail.com

tyshaun1

Mind of a Man will not return for a second season, after only averaging 257,000 viewers in forty episodes of new runs

The Chase will be renewed for a fourth season by GSN, which has averaged 544,000 total viewers this summer thus far.

American Bible Challenge and It Takes a Church are expected to be cancelled. Bible Season 3 averaged 550,000 viewers, down 33% from Season 2. It Takes a Church averaged 368,000 viewers, with steady drops and weak 18-49 demo throughout the season.

Sources please. As if you didn't know this was coming.

Tyshaun

MikeK

• Martha!

This, and I have seen casting calls for a new season of It Takes a Church on GSN within the last week.

Related to Mind of a Man's cancellation, I noticed last night that Mind of a Man was removed from GSN On Demand on my cable system.  (And Idiotest isn't on demand yet.)

If this is true, hooray for another season of The Chase, not only because it's the best thing GSN has going right now, but I'm in the pool for season 4.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.

Ass, M.Y. (2014). How I Source my News. New York: Steroid Adventures Press.

--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jimlangefan

I quite enjoyed that!
TV's Big Dealer

BrandonFG

Agreed. I lol'd.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MikeK

• Martha!

clemon79

Jesus, can we get the guy who posts false information as fact GONE already, just like we have others in the past?

chad1m

Don't let it get lost in the skewering of Scott/Allison/Nicole that The Chase's renewal is for another 20 episodes, when this current season's 13 haven't even finished airing yet. Great news for that program.

clemon79

Don't let it get lost in the skewering of Scott/Allison/Nicole that The Chase's renewal is for another 20 episodes, when this current season's 13 haven't even finished airing yet. Great news for that program.

That might be good news, but I have to say, in these last few weeks, the contestant casting (in terms of ability to play the game) has been somewhat questionable. If I don't start seeing some teams who can give Mark a run for his money in there sometime soon, I am going to lose interest. I can't tell you the last time I saw a team get 20 steps into a Final Chase, and that's the number I consider to be the bare minimum to have a decent shot.

clemon79

You have got to be frigging kidding me. No remorse, no nothing.

Get RID of this clown already.

BrandonFG

Surprise

I knew some news was coming today: The Chase has been renewed but to my surprise, It Takes a Church has been renewed as well.

Good for GSN.

Take a little advice from a journalist: most reputable news sources (even piddly little game show blogs) issue a correction or retraction when they've been called out on posting wrong information, and not just ignore what's thrown at them. You need to 1) correct your error regarding It Takes a Church, and 2) not pass off your BS speculation as fact. That is, if you ever want to be seen as credible, and not just regurgitate whatever you read elsewhere. As long as you can continue to post whatever game show numbers get you off, it's irrelevant to you.

Problem is, it's nothing but noise when you continue your erroneous ways.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

Church was on the bubble this whole time

Which is what you should have said all along.  Instead, you said:

American Bible Challenge and It Takes a Church are expected to be cancelled.

Now, what you mean here is "I think GSN will cancel It Takes A Church".  But again, you seem completely oblivious to the fact that you shouldn't mix your own guesses and assumptions into the "news" you still seem to want so desperately to "report".  At what point are you going to step up and recognize the mistakes you make so very frequently?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

weaklink75

I agree that they do have to be careful with the casting on The Chase- Mark's only lost once on this set of eps I believe? Not saying you need a trio of Jennings/Rutter/Forrest every week (though it'd be interesting to have a special show with one or two of them), but they need a fighting chance...