Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes  (Read 66339 times)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Re: 2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2014, 07:48:39 PM »
As for everything else, I believe it remains the same.
WBAL (NBC): Who Wants to Be A Millionaire (12:30 pm)

In looking around, I believe Millionaire is switching stations - WMAR appears to be picking the show up for a double-run from noon-1. And as far as GH does, WMAR's doing the OPPOSITE of what's going on with the O&O's - GH moves from 3pm to 2pm, and the double-run of "Right this Minute" moves from 2pm to 3pm.
Interesting. I wasn't sure of Millionaire's status so I checked their website and they still had Millionaire on WBAL. I was wondering what kind of shuffling would occur to accommodate The Meredith Vieira Show. Guess that was it.

Also, Steven and Chris, a show I never heard of prior to seeing it on the schedule is also coming to WMAR at 9am, bouncing The Doctors to Katie's old slot at 4pm.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

aaron sica

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2014, 08:16:09 PM »
Also, Steven and Chris, a show I never heard of prior to seeing it on the schedule is also coming to WMAR at 9am, bouncing The Doctors to Katie's old slot at 4pm.

That show is getting a "promotion", so to speak. "Steven and Chris" is one of the shows that airs on the soon-to-be-defunct LWN (Live Well Network), airing on the subchannels of all the ABC O&O's and also some other non-ABC O&Os as well. In case you were wondering, it's a talk show (from Canada!).

« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:26:28 PM by aaron sica »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2014, 07:53:44 PM »
Apparently the Millionaire double run is staying on WABC, after all- TV Guide doesn't note that either episode is new yet, though...but certainly this will change.

WNYW is picking up the RightThisMinute run, moving it from WNBC where it only aired on Sundays after Cash Cab.

One thing I was surprised to see is that WPIX decided to go with an all talk afternoon, dropping Judge Mathis in favor of a second daily helping of Bill Cunningham.

/I still have no word on where they might consider airing CNG
//or Blackburn Rovers
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2014, 09:05:54 PM »
To find the time Celebrity Name Game airs in your area, visit http://www.celebnamegame.com

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2014, 09:07:36 PM »
I was wondering when that would come up. In Seattle the show isn't really going up against much of anything.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2014, 09:40:25 PM »
Interesting that I've typed in zip codes for three of the cities in southeastern Virginia, and none of them show up. Granted, I already know the station and airtime, I'm a bit curious as to why the metro does not show up.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TimK2003

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2014, 09:46:12 PM »
To find the time Celebrity Name Game airs in your area, visit http://www.celebnamegame.com

Interesting to note that under the GET TICKETS section, not only do they list the dates & times of the upcoming tapings, but they list the celebs that are scheduled to appear at those tapings (right now just a week out). 

And at the bottom of the list of tape dates, you can also look back at shows that are "in the can" and get a feel for who will be playing in the weeks and months to come...

/Kevin McHale??

SuperMatch93

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2014, 09:52:17 PM »
Surprised to see it on WGN in a double-run against Price is Right, and then a single episode at 11pm.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

PYLdude

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2014, 10:38:49 PM »

Well, it's about damn time. Google has been zero help.

Up against Wheel, and double run on Saturdays. Interesting.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Casey Buck

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2014, 10:54:25 PM »
In Portland, it's on KRCW 32 at 6:00 and 6:30 PM Monday-Friday and Sunday, only up against the news on KATU, KGW, KOIN, and KPTV.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2014, 10:58:22 PM »
/Kevin McHale??

"not the one you're thinking of."
@lambertman

BillCullen1

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2014, 11:22:11 PM »

Yeah, here in NYC, CNG will be on WPIX at 7:30 starting Sept. 22, against WOF.

PYLdude

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2014, 11:23:09 PM »

Yeah, here in NYC, CNG will be on WPIX at 7:30 starting Sept. 22, against WOF.

Didn't I JUST say that?

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2014, 12:30:46 AM »
Hmm, a double run at 4pm everyday, and then a double run at 5pm on Sundays. I don't think I've been alive in a time in Baltimore where a game show aired in the 4-6pm time frame (let me shuffle off the lawn), so that's something. Going up against Ellen, local news, and The Doctors. They might fare well. I certainly haven't watched anything at 4pm on my local stations since Oprah, so I'll probably tune in. I wish them the best.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

J.R.

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2014, 03:39:19 AM »
Not much new for Des Moines:

WOI 5 (ABC): None
KCCI 8 (CBS): The Price is Right, 10:00 AM. Let's Make a Deal, 2:00 PM
WHO 13 (NBC): Jeopardy! double run, 3:00 PM/3:30 PM. Wheel of Fortune, 6:30 PM
KDSM 17 (FOX): Family Feud double run, 4:00 PM/4:30 PM. Celebrity Name Game double run, 12:00 PM/12:30 PM (With more airings at 10:00 PM and Saturdays at 4:30 PM)
KCWI 23 (CW): None

As far as I can tell, we are still without Millionaire for the third straight year.

The more significant non-game show change is Ellen's show moving from WHO to KCCI on September 8th at 4:00 PM. Meredith Vieira's show airs on WOI at 3:00 PM.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:42:57 AM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor