Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes  (Read 66343 times)

BrandonFG

Re: 2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2014, 01:16:24 AM »
But my underlying point is that how much longer are these station owners, especially ones that aren't O&Os of a network, going to want to keep the show when you've got a stronger show you can pick up and plug in in its place?
I don't think the host turnover is a majot cause for concern, esp. since Feud has had four hosts in 15 seasons, and honestly appeared to be on the chopping block somewhere between Karn and O'Hurley. It only looks like a big deal because Cedric left so suddenly. If Terry makes the same decision in a year, then maybe it's time to worry.

Millionaire's ratings held steady with Ced in a syndication market where 2.0 is now enough to get renewed. I don't know if that many markets still air it in early evening, Wheel or Jeopardy type of slots, but I'm thinking as long as it still gets competitive ratings, station owners are pleased. It seems that shows have realized they prolly aren't upending Judy or Wheel anytime soon, so now they just wanna keep the numbers in the black (see America, Let's Ask).

In Norfolk, Millionaire airs against LMAD, Today Show, Hour 26, Kelly and Michael and prolly some court shows or The 700 Club. I doubt it's beating Kelly and Michael, but I'd guess that if it's not getting pummeled by the D-list court/talk shows, then it has a chance, esp. if it can maintain a 2.0 or better. I know that sounds crazy, but syndication has changed over the last 15 years.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

polo23

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2014, 03:22:45 AM »
WLAJ ABC53 in Lansing will air Let's Ask America at 12noon.

WWJ CBS62 in Detroit is dropping the 2nd run of Millionaire for paid programming.

Millionaire will only be doing 170 episodes this year.

gamed121683

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2014, 03:57:25 PM »
UPDATE for those who live in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Area:

Still no news on what time Celebrity Name Game will air, however I now know that Feud is getting a new time AND station. Starting September 8th, you can catch back-to-back episodes on WBFS (33-My TV) at 5:00PM. This move marks the first time in two decades that WBFS will be playing the Feud (They aired Dawson's return to the show back in '94).

Feud is also the only game show to air, in some form, on SEVEN Miami stations. This has been another (CLANG!) useless fact.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2014, 07:53:24 PM »
You know, now that you bring it up, since Fremantle is trying to sell CNG as a complement to Feud, I wonder if at some point WPIX will try to pick up Feud. Would make it the last of New York's big six to air it (CBS version on WCBS, ABC version on WABC, first syndicated series on WNBC, which split the Combs series with WWOR, who has aired the current series with sibling WNYW).

Channel 11 hasn't been big on carrying game shows (at least not ones with any staying power), though.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Casey Buck

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2014, 07:52:37 PM »
Another Scripps station is dropping Wheel and Jeopardy!. In Denver, it'll move from KMGH ABC 7 in Denver to KDVR FOX 31, starting September 8th.

Seems kind of odd for a FOX affiliate; are there any others that air Wheel and Jeopardy?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:55:56 PM by Casey Buck »

golden-road

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2014, 07:57:51 PM »
Another Scripps station is dropping Wheel and Jeopardy!. In Denver, it'll move from KMGH ABC 7 in Denver to KDVR FOX 31, starting September 8th.

Seems kind of odd for a FOX affiliate; are there any others that air Wheel and Jeopardy?

WVUE, New Orleans comes to mind.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2014, 08:58:19 PM »
The only addition or change in Cleveland I have heard about is the addition of Celebrity Name Game, replacing the second run episode of Family Feud in the 3 PM hour.  I would assume that means CNG would air at 3:30, but I am not 100% sure.
One more Cleveland change:  Millionaire goes from 9:30 AM to 3 PM on 9/8, giving WOIO an hour-long game show block with the second run ep. of Jeopardy!  WOIO had the same shows in the same time slots for a few months two years ago.

aaron sica

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2014, 10:45:11 PM »
I've noticed that Feud is getting some more airplay, too - WWOR in NYC, in addition to the double-run at 5pm, also has one airing at 7pm. WPMT in York (PA), beginning September 8, also appears to be running four eps a day - now from noon-1 in addition to the usual 2pm-3pm.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2014, 10:51:12 PM »
I've noticed that Feud is getting some more airplay, too - WWOR in NYC, in addition to the double-run at 5pm, also has one airing at 7pm.

Yes. And it's been my backup for the Jeopardy reruns I don't wanna watch again.

Whether this remains when the new season starts, we'll see.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2014, 08:24:09 AM »

Wheel and J! made the same move (from a Scripps owned ABC affiliate to a FOX affiliate) here in Baltimore two years ago when Let's Ask America premiered.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

aaron sica

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2014, 01:50:29 PM »
As for everything else, I believe it remains the same.
WBAL (NBC): Who Wants to Be A Millionaire (12:30 pm)

In looking around, I believe Millionaire is switching stations - WMAR appears to be picking the show up for a double-run from noon-1. And as far as GH does, WMAR's doing the OPPOSITE of what's going on with the O&O's - GH moves from 3pm to 2pm, and the double-run of "Right this Minute" moves from 2pm to 3pm.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 04:22:13 PM by aaron sica »

Lirodon

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2014, 03:20:42 PM »
In Canada, Wheel and Jeopardy are moving from CHCH to Yes TV, a re-branding of the Crossroads Television System. They are essentially a cluster of three religious independents in Toronto, Calgary, and Edmonton (much like those "family" stations in the U.S. which devote much of their day to religious programs, but program some old sitcom reruns during the early evening for ad time). They've also acquired a few other shows (including Judge Judy, and Canadian rights to AFV, The Biggest Loser and American Idol; the last of which used to air on Canada's foremost commercial network CTV. That is a testament to its decreasing relevance, for sure, because CTV airs The Voice too)

Meanwhile, Citytv (No I am not going to call it just "City", thank you very much) has picked up a double-run of Family Feud to replace Judge Judy at Noon (Somehow it was actually on CTS before. Somehow as in, how did it Harvey even get by their presumably stricter content standards?), and is replacing the departing Katie at 3 p.m. after General Hospital with Celebrity Name Game. Both of these changes take effect September 8, yet CNG's premiere date is listed as the 22nd; we might be getting a world premiere here. As City is also the Canadian home of LMAD and Price, they're now going to have a three-hour long block of game shows in daytime, broken only by ABC's afternoon lineup.

tpirfan28

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2014, 03:43:13 PM »
South Bend, Indiana.

WNDU picks up Celebrity Name Game for a single at 7:30PM.
WSBT, who is pushing a first-in-the-area 4PM newscast, adds the year-prior Jeopardy repeats at 4:30.

The 4PM newscast is on replacement for Oprah, then Katie.  Don't remember what aired in that slot 2011-2012.  3PM holds Dr. Phil, which prior to that was Hollywood Squares and the first-run of Jeopardy when Indiana was on goofy time.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

aaron sica

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2014, 10:01:43 AM »
I just noticed something kind of interesting (at least to me), with some of the shuffles of shows happening on September 8, something is happening in the Harrisburg/Lancaster/Lebanon/York market. Steve Harvey will be airing against himself! WGAL-8 is moving Steve Harvey to 3pm.....Same time that WPMT-43 has their double run of Feud. Any other markets where Steve "battles himself"?

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2014, 10:20:33 AM »
I just noticed something kind of interesting (at least to me), with some of the shuffles of shows happening on September 8, something is happening in the Harrisburg/Lancaster/Lebanon/York market. Steve Harvey will be airing against himself! WGAL-8 is moving Steve Harvey to 3pm.....Same time that WPMT-43 has their double run of Feud. Any other markets where Steve "battles himself"?
Yes, and a step further the week of 9/8.  Steve's talk show is on at 2 PM on WJW, where it has aired for two years.  It is moving to WEWS, where for a week (if you believe my on-screen guide), Harvey's talk show will air at 3 PM, an hour after another channel shows it.  On top of that, WKYC airs Feud from 3-4 PM, until Celebrity Name Game starts.