Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes  (Read 66346 times)

polo23

Re: 2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 02:48:29 AM »
Celebrity Name Game will have double runs and a weekend hour edition.
CW46 in Flint will air it 7-8pm, Sunday to Friday starting September 22nd.

J.R.

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 04:00:54 PM »
Just heard via commercial that Celebrity Name Game will air in the Des Moines, IA market on the FOX affiliate (KDSM).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:19:42 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »
Here in Baltimore, Celebrity Name Game will air on WNUV (The CW). No time has been given yet.

As for everything else, I believe it remains the same.

WBAL (NBC): Who Wants to Be A Millionaire (12:30 pm)
WJZ (CBS): Let's Make A Deal (10); The Price is Right (11)
WMAR (ABC): Let's Ask America (7)
WBFF (FOX): Family Feud (6 + 6:30), Jeopardy! (7), Wheel of Fortune (7:30)
WNUV (CW): Celebrity Name Game (TBA)
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 01:24:07 PM »
Knoxville, TN

WATE (ABC): Family Feud (7:30pm and 1:05am), Millionaire (2:05am)
--Feud moves from WKNX/WBXX (who were both airing the double run). Millionaire moves to overnight due to news expansion
ETA: Apparently we are also airing the 3rd and 4th runs of Feud at 1:00pm and 1:30pm on our .2 (Livewell).

The rest is unchanged:
WBIR (NBC): Wheel (7:00pm), Jeopardy! (7:30pm)
WVLT (CBS): Let's Make a Deal (10:00am), The Price is Right (11:00am)

No word here yet on Let's Ask America or Celebrity Name Game.

ETA: Celebrity Name Game will air a double run on WTNZ (Fox) at 5:00pm and 5:30pm.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:24:04 AM by NicholasM79 »

Thunder

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 03:01:39 PM »
Knoxville, TN

--Feud moves from WKNX/WBXX (who were both airing the double run). Millionaire moves to overnight due to news expansion

You've got a "Change of station in the market" combined with a "Moved to a horrible timeslot". Does the syndicator shrug their shoulders and say "Well, at least we got something" or do they re-shop the show around the market looking for better placement?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 10:19:31 PM »
Knoxville, TN

You've got a "Change of station in the market" combined with a "Moved to a horrible timeslot". Does the syndicator shrug their shoulders and say "Well, at least we got something" or do they re-shop the show around the market looking for better placement?

I think Disney probably feels that at this point, there's no need to worry because Millionaire might well be on its last legs. Three hosts in three years certainly isn't going to help matters and I think that, if they're getting shuffled out of their long-held slot in the biggest market, they're fair game for a move anywhere and Disney knows that. Frankly, with Feud suddenly becoming as popular as it is now I'm surprised more of Millionaire's affiliates aren't dropping it to jump on the bandwagon. Not that I'm saying Millionaire isn't worth watching, but still.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

0512vwoods

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2014, 10:23:13 PM »
At this rate, Millionaire might as well be picked up by The CW Plus, where old syndies go to die.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_CW_Plus

PYLdude

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2014, 10:26:04 PM »
At this rate, Millionaire might as well be picked up by The CW Plus, where old syndies go to die.

I think you're referring to the afternoon programming block, which last I checked doesn't exist anymore.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2014, 10:30:49 PM »
Three hosts in three years certainly isn't going to help matters
Two hosts in three years, or three hosts in twelve.

Having watched the show I can't help note how far the show has gone from where it was, but it could be like Feud, as long as it manages to pull black ink it really doesn't matter what we think, does it.
Travis L. Eberle

0512vwoods

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2014, 10:38:00 PM »

I think you're referring to the afternoon programming block, which last I checked doesn't exist anymore.

Rosie O'Donnell's old show wound up there in its last season (back when it was The WB 100+).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2014, 11:14:04 PM »
Frankly, with Feud suddenly becoming as popular as it is now I'm surprised more of Millionaire's affiliates aren't dropping it to jump on the bandwagon.

And I'm surprised they haven't gone to the Well of Dick Joke Questions.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2014, 11:15:38 PM »
Having watched the show I can't help note how far the show has gone from where it was, but it could be like Feud, as long as it manages to pull black ink it really doesn't matter what we think, does it.

But my underlying point is that how much longer are these station owners, especially ones that aren't O&Os of a network, going to want to keep the show when you've got a stronger show you can pick up and plug in in its place?

I'd rather not see the show go but I don't have the power to stop it from happening.

PYLdude

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2014, 11:17:16 PM »

Rosie O'Donnell's old show wound up there in its last season (back when it was The WB 100+).

Which one? That might be a market-specific thing and I actually had to look it up because I had no damn idea what you were talking about.

0512vwoods

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2014, 11:18:38 PM »

Which one? That might be a market-specific thing and I actually had to look it up because I had no damn idea what you were talking about.

You know, the one that came before Caroline Rhea.

PYLdude

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2014, 11:34:02 PM »

You know, the one that came before Caroline Rhea.

Then it must be a market specific thing. Both of the affiliates that carried those two shows kept them in my market and none of them were WB affiliated.