Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Did you know that Ken Jennings is a Costco member?  (Read 2390 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Did you know that Ken Jennings is a Costco member?
« on: August 08, 2014, 03:24:09 AM »
Do you care?

Either way, he's on the cover of this month's Costco Connection, which Costco sends to its members monthly.

Interesting read, I thought. Short for a cover story subject, but interesting.

http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/201408/m1/Page.action?pg=25

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Steve Gavazzi

Re: Did you know that Ken Jennings is a Costco member?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 01:35:19 PM »
I find it more interesting than I probably should that the cover shows Ken in front of the old dollar values for Single Jeopardy!, which were never in use while he was on the show.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 02:15:34 PM »
{photo geek} Looking at the picture quality, that gameboard looks like it was lifted from one of the 90s PC games. {/photo geek}
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 02:15:47 PM »
Do you care?
Less than when reading through Brainiac and Maphead that he would get the Guinness World Records books every year and would relentlessly pepper his family with trivia factoids, but it's a neat thing that humanizes him a little, I guess. It's about ten-ish years too late, though.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 10:14:33 PM »
I admire what he's done with his life since he was on Jeopardy...he took being the most successful game show contestant of all time (which I still believe he holds rights to, because of the scope of the overall accomplishment) and has built a brand from it.

I also like reading the op-ed pieces he writes every so often.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022