Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WOF Season 32 changes...  (Read 15888 times)

wheelloon

Re: WOF Season 32 changes...
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2014, 11:57:21 PM »

Interesting they've added a second $650 space. Why not something like $750?

750? *Sploosh* ;)

When I saw this picture before, I thought it was fake. Seeing it here, I laughed. I'm somewhat surprised they've inflated the numbers in this fashion. There are only 8 unique dollars values on the wheel at one time. Sure, that won't get monotonous at all...

Concurrently, keeping vowels at $250 with these changes... oy. It obliterates the original rule's strategy and purpose. Maybe they'll change them to $320 instead? Either way, I'm hopping aboard and commandeering your ship Jeremy. :)

This would've been a good time to, instead, emulate an aspect of the game from, now almost 20 years ago, that I miss: elevating values throughout the show that AREN'T the TDV (i.e. up one normal space to a 1000 and then to 1500 or 2000 in R3 or R4). It builds excitement for some, and makes the possibility of early runaways (especially due to prize puzzle, mystery, 1/2 car, etc.) decrease a bit. Just doing this, alone, with the values they were using last year I'm sure would've been cheaper than just axing every sub-500 space (and added better variety).

Maybe this layout should've been reserved for rounds 3 & 4, while last year's could've been kept for rounds 1 & 2.
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2014, 01:02:40 AM »
There are only 8 unique dollars values on the wheel at one time. Sure, that won't get monotonous at all...

Joe Sixpack isn't even going to notice. Bank on it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »
750? *Sploosh* ;)
You make agreeing with you really really hard.
Travis L. Eberle