Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WOF Season 32 changes...  (Read 15890 times)

brianhenke

WOF Season 32 changes...
« on: July 29, 2014, 06:42:52 PM »
  From the Buy a Vowel boards...there are some changes on tap for Wheel this fall. Among the known changes:

When Same Letter is a category, the contestant calling the Same Letter gets a $1,000 bonus.

The minimum on the bonus wheel is now ...$32,000. (Maybe Harry got tired, like many Wheel fans - of too many 30K spins - and only two $100K spins - last season).

The smallest amount on the wheel in any round is $500; $550 returns (I would like to see $1500 and $2000 back).

Among the things staying the same: Last season's structure is the same - Mystery Round in R2, The Express/Trip Puzzle round stays at R3 (I would like to see Express to R1 or the Trip Puzzle replaced by a Surprise Round), it will STILL cost $250 to buy a vowel, etc.

Brian

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:09:19 PM by brianhenke »
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: WOF Season 32 changes...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 06:44:19 PM »
$32,000? Why the hell would you pick a number like that?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 06:53:09 PM »
I'm calling shenanigans on all of those. They don't seem plausible.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

brianhenke

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 07:03:21 PM »
 The changes come from sources - and even a contestant - who were at the tapings earlier this month.

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

PYLdude

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 07:30:14 PM »
The changes come from sources - and even a contestant - who were at the tapings earlier this month.

Brian

Well, I'll believe it when I see it.

And I'm pretty sure contestants aren't allowed to make certain things public knowledge, which posting to a message board does.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Prizes

• Both a miner and a hoe
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »
$32,000 is a strange choice, until you consider the fact that it's the 32nd syndicated season. I find it rather silly myself, but given a few tie-in theme elements the show has had before, such as looking for players 30 years of age during its 30th syndicated year, it has plausibility. Buy a Vowel's contestant sources have not failed us once; if it has been wrong, I'd be happy to be proven incorrect on this claim. They're not taken from any random rumor, or person. Both sources for all information in Brian's post are past or future contestants. Usually, Wheel news is broken there first, though credit to Chad Mosher on getting the Season 32 logo out before Buy A Vowel.

Mystery wedges are also getting a slight redesign this season, according to a notable former contestant. It's a small detail, take it for what little it is, but I was told these wedges are getting pinker in coloration, in the style of the $3500 wedge, and possibly the Salmon P. Chase note on the top of its $10,000 side as possibly gone.

Also, shenanigans on $500 as smallest wedge? Picture proof of Season 32's wheel:

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:25:31 PM by Prizes »
Owner of WOF fan site buyavowel.boards.net
Didn't like scuba diving school. Too many fights.
~Jessica Brand

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 08:08:59 PM »
And I'm pretty sure contestants aren't allowed to make certain things public knowledge, which posting to a message board does.
I thought it usually applied to game results? Have there been game shows that have put a clause in when it comes to game/format/set changes?

In any case, you can believe it when you see it, but BAV has been incorrect very few times, though I can't blame your skepticism. $32,000 seems like such a weird amount.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 08:44:29 PM »
$32,000 is a strange choice, until you consider the fact that it's the 32nd syndicated season.

No, it's still stupid then too.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Prizes

• Both a miner and a hoe
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 08:47:45 PM »
$32,000 is a strange choice, until you consider the fact that it's the 32nd syndicated season.

No, it's still stupid then too.

Right, I don't remotely disagree with you, but it at least gives some reason, stupid as it may be, rather than no reason at all.
Owner of WOF fan site buyavowel.boards.net
Didn't like scuba diving school. Too many fights.
~Jessica Brand

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 08:54:55 PM »
The minimum on the bonus wheel is now ...$32,000. (Maybe Harry got tired, like many Wheel fans - of too many 30K spins - and only two $100K spins - last season).
This doesn't make any sense; there's lots of $30k spins because there's lots of those spaces on the wheel. There aren't many top prize spins because it only appears once on the wheel.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 09:02:40 PM »
I say thank you for the comfirmation. I also do not appreciate the attitude.

J.R.

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 09:27:27 PM »

Interesting they've added a second $650 space. Why not something like $750?

/I know, no big deal. Just an observation.
-Joe Raygor

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 09:31:30 PM »
Wheel is still bowling shoe ugly. Wonder if the $500s start off always covered by a Goody of some sort.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:02:09 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »
So the $32K bonus round prize is the only true gimmick? Say it ain't so!

Personally, I'd rather see contestants show a little emotion when they win some money, but that's just me...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 09:43:59 PM »
I know! It's not like this is Jeopardy or anything.
Travis L. Eberle