Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Season 43 news...  (Read 28978 times)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Re: TPIR Season 43 news...
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 11:58:05 PM »
Two words: Trader Drew
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Sodboy13

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 12:38:14 AM »
Mike Richards tweets a photo of a shower nozzle and the internet's gonna be left in ruins.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 12:43:11 AM »
Mike Richards tweets a photo of a shower nozzle and the internet's gonna be left in ruins.
If it cuts down plays of That's Too Much I think I could live with that.
Travis L. Eberle

J.R.

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 01:34:53 AM »
Would rather see it go away for good. Seriously: I have only seen that game won once in my life. And I tape traded for it.
-Joe Raygor

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 02:29:54 AM »
Would rather see it go away for good. Seriously: I have only seen that game won once in my life. And I tape traded for it.
It's okay for its simplicity, but like you, I think I've only seen it won once or twice. Honestly, I feel the prices are a little too close for you to only get one guess. At least with Five Price Tags you get a couple of chances.

Maybe offer a second chance guess if Drew has indeed gone over, but you only get one shot to decide which price is the one that's over, right then and there. Either that, or reduce how many prices there are...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 06:39:53 PM »
It's okay for its simplicity, but like you, I think I've only seen it won once or twice. Honestly, I feel the prices are a little too close for you to only get one guess. At least with Five Price Tags you get a couple of chances.

Maybe offer a second chance guess if Drew has indeed gone over, but you only get one shot to decide which price is the one that's over, right then and there. Either that, or reduce how many prices there are...
Doesn't the second chance sort of undermine the point? If you get a second chance if you're over then why bother trying; just let Drew reveal them all and pick what's right after the fact. (I don't think that would be a terrible game if mounted like that, but that's not the point of TTM.) Since it's played for a car I don't mind the difficulty, but given the extra difficulty I'd like to see it become a mid-range game between Golden Road or Triple Play or Three Strikes, but played for more expensive cars than the hoi palloi games.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:20:15 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Unrealtor

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 01:13:21 AM »
Practically, Bump. A quickie 2-prize game to add variety to the One Right Price/Bargain Game/Switch? quickies.

I find it hard to argue against more variety in the one-decision games, and Bump seems like it would be a good game to resurrect given that the conventional wisdom is that it was retired for reasons that have nothing to do with the game itself.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

Flerbert419

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 11:24:58 PM »
Practically, Bump. A quickie 2-prize game to add variety to the One Right Price/Bargain Game/Switch? quickies.

With the introduction of Double Cross and Do The Math and the reintroduction of Bargain Game, it's really not necessary to add another 2-prizer at this time.

Clock Game had its lowest number of playings ever this past season and Magic # is always underplayed.

JayDLewis

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 06:23:37 PM »

With the introduction of Double Cross and Do The Math and the reintroduction of Bargain Game, it's really not necessary to add another 2-prizer at this time.

Clock Game had its lowest number of playings ever this past season and Magic # is always underplayed.

Double Cross is a fairly long game, as is Magic # & Clock Game (which is a 3-prizer). I had kind of discounted Do the Math as a 3-prizer but I see your point.

Bump would fit as a fast, 1 decision (50/50) game. Given how tight on time they tend to be "a Bump" might allow more line-ups with longer games.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

BillCullen1

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 12:00:35 PM »
By the way, just so we don't create a new thread for this, on August 3, CBS reran the 12/12/13 show where they celebrated Bob Barker's 90th birthday.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 06:48:15 PM »
By the way, just so we don't create a new thread for this, on August 3, CBS reran the 12/12/13 show where they celebrated Bob Barker's 90th birthday.

That seems unlikely, given that August 3 was a Sunday.

BillCullen1

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 10:34:05 PM »

That seems unlikely, given that August 3 was a Sunday.

Right you are. That date should be August 4th. Mea culpa.

The Pyramids

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2014, 06:24:28 PM »
I happened to be home that day and was pleasantly surprised to see it again.

tvmitch

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2014, 11:48:32 AM »

I think I cracked the code on how to win this game a majority of the time. My daughter and I watch every day and this strategy has worked for most plays. Maybe this is not new to anyone! Anyway. Indulge...

As the prices are revealed, the correct answer is (usually) the price that is revealed AFTER a jump of $2K or more in the thousands digit of the price. There's always a big jump somewhere in the line, and it's not that price, but the one after it that is correct.

Let's take a car of $23,120 in price. Your revealed prices might be $17,889 - $18,511 - $19,432 - $20,794 - $22,509 - $23,411

From what I've observed, the prices are usually set up like this, and the contestant sees the big jump, panics, and stops right there.

Regardless, I'm with Mr. Eberle, the game is overused as a quick car game and it would be nice to see another game pop up to fill the need of giving away your Honda Accords and Chevy Impalas of the world.

You should follow me on Twitter

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2014, 12:04:31 PM »
I think I cracked the code on how to win this game a majority of the time.
Likes that you cracked the code, and without aluminum foil.