Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Late nighters in syndication...  (Read 65924 times)

J.R.

Re: Late nighters in syndication...
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2014, 03:33:52 AM »
The CW affiliate (KCWI) in Des Moines is currently airing an hour block of "Cash Cab" reruns at 1:00 AM.
-Joe Raygor

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2014, 03:36:52 AM »
As per this old thread, http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php?topic=8143.0 Catch Phrase aired on WCBS at 9, followed by Break the Bank at 9:30.

Then I shall stand corrected twice. Wonder what channel 7 was airing at 10 and when Headline Chasers got bumped.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

PYLdude

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2014, 03:39:43 AM »
The CW affiliate (KCWI) in Des Moines is currently airing an hour block of "Cash Cab" reruns at 1:00 AM.

Hence why I said "first run". I know those are still airing. :)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

J.R.

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2014, 03:45:53 AM »

Hence why I said "first run". I know those are still airing. :)
My bad. Saw it on the schedule and went "Oh, that'll work for that thread Chris has on late night shows". Thanks for the reminder. :)
-Joe Raygor

aaron sica

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2014, 04:09:42 AM »
Then I shall stand corrected twice. Wonder what channel 7 was airing at 10 and when Headline Chasers got bumped.

I'll look to some old TV Guides but I know that "Morning Show" was 90 minutes for awhile as well.

For our younger viewers, "Morning Show" was the pre-national syndication title of what is now "Live with Kelly and Michael".

Johnissoevil

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2014, 09:04:41 AM »

Kind of a reverse of the question, but here, Dawson comeback Family Feud disappeared from the afternoon to the morning on WWOR when TPIR'94 ended, cutting it off from school-going me.  Did they ever show the full hour by then, or still just the second half?

They cleared the entire hour once it moved to the morning.

Yes, for about a month, then went back to just the second half hour at 9:30, forget what replaced the first half hour at 9.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:06:59 AM by Johnissoevil »
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

splinkynip

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2014, 10:09:42 AM »
As per this old thread, http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php?topic=8143.0 Catch Phrase aired on WCBS at 9, followed by Break the Bank at 9:30.

I think Headline Chasers got bumped to midnight on WABC in December.. I remember staying up late to watch it on school vacations

JMFabiano

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2014, 10:24:04 AM »
To answer your first question, WABC picked Jeopardy! up midway through its first season. Name That Tune was moved from the morning to pair with it in the 4 PM hour, then was jettisoned to late night when channel 7 nabbed Divorce Court.

Huh...I remember the shows being seen in the mornings, perhaps the 10 am hour? 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

PYLdude

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2014, 10:43:57 AM »
To answer your first question, WABC picked Jeopardy! up midway through its first season. Name That Tune was moved from the morning to pair with it in the 4 PM hour, then was jettisoned to late night when channel 7 nabbed Divorce Court.

Huh...I remember the shows being seen in the mornings, perhaps the 10 am hour?

That happened later. Around the time they did the move to 7, they added a repeat of the previous night's episode at 10 to air with Split Second.

BrandonFG

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2014, 12:06:19 PM »
Pretty sure Catch Phrase also aired on WCBS in the 9am hour.

JD

I was under the impression that it aired on W(W)OR. For the simple reason that its replacement was produced by the same company that produced The $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime, and both premiered in January 1986- I would figure that Telepictures wanted to keep those two shows together, and channel 9 as far as I know aired the entire run of COAL.

Paging Greg Brobeck...
For some reason, I thought Perfect Match was Telepictures' replacement series, not Chance of a Lifetime.

Which brings me to this question: I know Telepictures had the "insurance policy" on shows that didn't make it past midseason. Were stations obligated to take the guaranteed show? I ask because in Norfolk, Catch Phrase aired on WAVY and Chance was on WTKR. I'm not even sure we got Perfect Match; I don't recall seeing it on any listings from 1986.

/Really wish the local paper had taken part in the Google online archive
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

snowpeck

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2014, 12:16:00 PM »
Little late to today's portion of the conversation. I guess I'm the only one with online access to the New York Times archive. (I have Chicago and DC as well.) Does anything in the NYC area need clarifying at this point?
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

PYLdude

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2014, 10:10:30 PM »
Little late to today's portion of the conversation. I guess I'm the only one with online access to the New York Times archive. (I have Chicago and DC as well.) Does anything in the NYC area need clarifying at this point?

If you could show me how to access 'em the right way, I would certainly appreciate it.

Brandon, Perfect Match was the replacement, but the way I understood it was that Jim Lange was originally supposed  to host that instead of COAL. If I remember it, Mike Burger implied that the choice of Bob Goen was made last minute (I don't remember for sure if Mike said this, though) which led me to believe that COAL was put together shortly before Perfect Match was supposed to premiere, and then sold along with Perfect Match as a package after the fact. And since I didn't know who picked Catch Phrase up until this thread, I just operated under the theory that since XPTLA was responsible for Perfect Match and COAL (but not for Catch Phrase) they would've aired on the same stations.

Jamey Greek

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2014, 02:25:58 AM »
WKMG aired Kennedy PIR at 7:30 in the fall of 1985 and in early '86 aired Perfect Match

BrandonFG

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2014, 03:02:45 AM »
Brandon, Perfect Match was the replacement, but the way I understood it was that Jim Lange was originally supposed  to host that instead of COAL. If I remember it, Mike Burger implied that the choice of Bob Goen was made last minute (I don't remember for sure if Mike said this, though) which led me to believe that COAL was put together shortly before Perfect Match was supposed to premiere, and then sold along with Perfect Match as a package after the fact.
Adam Nedeff...he made the explanation a few weeks ago on a Winc thread in the A/V forum. Apparently, the clip that wasn't chosen was indeed from the Perfect Match pilot (Make a Match), and a Lorimar rep explained the hasty change.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2014, 03:06:43 AM »
Brandon, Perfect Match was the replacement, but the way I understood it was that Jim Lange was originally supposed  to host that instead of COAL. If I remember it, Mike Burger implied that the choice of Bob Goen was made last minute (I don't remember for sure if Mike said this, though) which led me to believe that COAL was put together shortly before Perfect Match was supposed to premiere, and then sold along with Perfect Match as a package after the fact.
Adam Nedeff...he made the explanation a few weeks ago on a Winc thread in the A/V forum. Apparently, the clip that wasn't chosen was indeed from the Perfect Match pilot (Make a Match), and a Lorimar rep explained the hasty change.

Okay then. Works for me. Now that I think about it, maybe they didn't sell 'em together because one premiered before the other.

I noticed that in the old thread that was linked to that Mr. Dat Ass left out what I thought was a pretty glaring omission in the listings...where was The $100,000 Pyramid? I know when and where that aired in New York.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:11:30 AM by PYLdude »