Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Name Game to air on WGN this fall  (Read 14221 times)

BrandonFG

Celebrity Name Game to air on WGN this fall
« on: July 21, 2014, 10:36:41 PM »
Weeknights at 10 p.m., replacing Arsenio. Still no word on the other cities' airdates. Does WGN still air a feed separate from WGN America, or are they one in the same?

Come to think of it, when's the last time WGN aired a syndicated game show on its national feed? Part of me is thinking Bzzz! in the late-90s? Either that or Dawson's Feud 2.0? Unless I'm thinking of WWOR's feed...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Celebrity Name Game to air on WGN this fall
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 10:43:50 PM »
Weeknights at 10 p.m., replacing Arsenio. Still no word on the other cities' airdates. Does WGN still air a feed separate from WGN America, or are they one in the same?

I believe it's still separate and will be separated further once the Chicago sports teams disappear from the national feed at the end of the year.

Arsenio was only airing in my market on WPIX (FiOS carries WGN America, but IIRC most of the cable companies don't), and I don't know what they plan on replacing it with.

ETA: might well be Celebrity Name Game...it's been picked up by Tribune stations in the bigger markets and PIX is one of 'em. Although I'm willing to bet it'll be on earlier...Arsenio is on at 11:30 and they moved the first-run Steve Wilkos episodes from noon to 4 PM, maybe they're going to put it there in what I assume is gonna be a double run.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:11:10 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 12:09:57 AM »
Come to think of it, when's the last time WGN aired a syndicated game show on its national feed? Part of me is thinking Bzzz! in the late-90s? Either that or Dawson's Feud 2.0? Unless I'm thinking of WWOR's feed...

I think MG98 aired on WGN?

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 12:37:34 AM »

That's right, it did! IIRC, it was in the middle of the night.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

PYLdude

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 12:47:45 AM »

Was there any major market that didn't air MG98 in overnight? New York did for sure.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 12:53:40 AM »

Was there any major market that didn't air MG98 in overnight? New York did for sure.

Not sure if you could call Harrisburg a major market, but they aired it at noon, right after TPiR. IIRC, Philly also aired it at the overnight (I think 2:05, same time as WCBS).

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 01:05:11 AM »
Norfolk at the time was in the top 40...I'm counting that as a major market. ;-)

I do know that WTVZ aired it at 12:00 noon. However, I'm trying to remember if there was a secondary episode, and if it a) aired at 12:30 or b) sometime in the middle of the night.

{does a quick ATGS search} Single episode, 12 noon.

Interestingly enough, this post lists the top 50 markets that aired MG and Hollywood Squares in fall 1998. Roughly a third aired MG in overnight hours (16 by my count), while most stations aired HS in an early-evening slot (say, between 4-8 p.m.) A couple aired it after the late local news, some in the daytime, none on overnights.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:14:10 AM by BrandonFG »

PYLdude

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 01:19:38 AM »
Norfolk at the time was in the top 40...I'm counting that as a major market. ;-)

I do know that WTVZ aired it at 12:00 noon. However, I'm trying to remember if there was a secondary episode, and if it a) aired at 12:30 or b) sometime in the middle of the night.

{does a quick ATGS search} Single episode, 12 noon.

Interestingly enough, this post lists the top 50 markets that aired MG and Hollywood Squares in fall 1998. Roughly a third aired MG in overnight hours (16 by my count), while most stations aired HS in an early-evening slot (say, between 4-8 p.m.) A couple aired it after the late local news, some in the daytime, none on overnights.

St. Louis aired H2 at 11:55? What aired for the 20 minutes in between the end of Letterman and the start of H2, I wonder. :)

rebelwrest

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 08:31:11 AM »
Street Smarts aired on WGN for a few years at 3:30 ET.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

Sodboy13

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 08:30:28 PM »
WPWR-50 in Chicago did a double-run at 11:00am, I believe.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 09:12:37 PM »
Was there any major market that didn't air MG98 in overnight?
Cleveland, the 10-11 AM hour for the entire run.

tvmitch

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 10:59:53 AM »
I believe it was in the 5am hour. I remember waking up on the premiere day to watch it on WGN.
You should follow me on Twitter

bulldog_06

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 04:58:02 PM »
Celebrity Name Game will air in St. Louis on KTVI...didn't say what time yet.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 12:34:33 PM »

The national feed, not the local feed.  As Mike (Sodboy) mentioned above, WPWR was the Chicago carrier for MG98.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Johnissoevil

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 05:09:50 PM »

WWOR aired Dawson '94 Feud, on both the local and EMI feed, as no stations claimed SyndEx on the show.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15