Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'American Bible Challenge' premieres tonight  (Read 14039 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: 'American Bible Challenge' premieres tonight
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 12:21:35 AM »
I'm still waiting for him to explain how they can be airing the show when he knows for a fact they haven't started taping it yet.

You're closer to finding out what happened to the pilot Episode of Ceasars Challenge, Yet.

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

aaron sica

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2014, 03:08:00 AM »
How dare you question the person who runs the official unofficial GSN blog, whatever the dickens that means.

Considering his source for ratings is no longer allowed to publish them, I'm curious to see what happens to his excuse for a blog...

PYLdude

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2014, 03:57:52 AM »
How dare you question the person who runs the official unofficial GSN blog, whatever the dickens that means.

Considering his source for ratings is no longer allowed to publish them, I'm curious to see what happens to his excuse for a blog...

Wait...what?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

aaron sica

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 04:51:36 AM »
Wait...what?

Our "budding journalist" gets his info from a Douglas Pucci at a "Son of the Bronx" blog. Well, apparently Nielsen has come after him:
However, Blogger has recently began removing my recent blog posts because they allege to infringe on copyrights, with more removals to come.

Despite numerous references to sources of ratings information (included in every single blog post), it seems they are not enough grounds to counter these removals.

Therefore, I must unfortunately halt these ratings lists here on this blog.

Fedya

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 08:29:23 AM »
I'm going to say "with aplomb."
I left aplomb out in the sun, and it turned into aprune.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

dale_grass

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2014, 09:12:18 AM »
Our "budding journalist" gets his info from a Douglas Pucci at a "Son of the Bronx" blog. Well, apparently Nielsen has come after him:
However, Blogger has recently began removing my recent blog posts because they allege to infringe on copyrights, with more removals to come.

Despite numerous references to sources of ratings information (included in every single blog post), it seems they are not enough grounds to counter these removals.

This goes back to a YouTube-related point made a few weeks ago:

ACKNOWLEDGING THE FACT YOU'RE USING SOMEONE ELSE'S PROPERTY DOES NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO USE SOMEONE ELSE'S PROPERTY.

Now, I don't read LegoYank's blog (nor will I) but based on some of the posts he's made around here I'm guessing more than a few were little more than lists of ratings.  How close am I?

tyshaun1

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 09:23:15 AM »

Now, I don't read LegoYank's blog (nor will I) but based on some of the posts he's made around here I'm guessing more than a few were little more than lists of ratings.  How close am I?

[Ed McMahon]You are correct, sir![/Ed McMahon] He pretty much regurgitates info that is easily found elsewhere online, but tries to word it where it seems that he is breaking the news. Since Douglas's info is no longer freely available, he really doesn't have much content at all to work with anymore.

Tyshaun

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2014, 11:08:38 AM »
I'm going to say "with aplomb."
I left aplomb out in the sun, and it turned into aprune.
*like*
This signature is currently under construction.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2014, 12:32:43 PM »
Again, though, with so many good reasons to trash LGY, let's not go misinterpreting extra ones. It's Pucci making the weaselly excuses for his potential infringement. LGY just follows him slavishly and then reposts the same information as his own.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dale_grass

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2014, 01:47:50 PM »
Again, though, with so many good reasons to trash LGY, let's not go misinterpreting extra ones. It's Pucci making the weaselly excuses for his potential infringement. LGY just follows him slavishly and then reposts the same information as his own.

Ah, I see. As a concession, the next time an opportunity presents to trash him, I shall do nothing. And I'm guessing I won't have to wait long to do nothing.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 02:31:40 PM »
Ah, I see. As a concession, the next time an opportunity presents to trash him, I shall do nothing. And I'm guessing I won't have to wait long to do nothing.

I too suspect your inactivity will come sooner rather than later. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Tim L

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 03:37:50 AM »
I may regret asking this, but has LGY ever been close to being banned or given a time-out, for any reason other than just being annoying? (Though being a Yankee fan can be annoying enough:))
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:40:00 AM by Tim L »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2014, 07:36:20 PM »
remotely stable ratings,
What does that even mean?
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2014, 09:16:11 PM »
remotely stable ratings,
What does that even mean?

Ratings have stabilized for It Takes a Church. Since the premiere, ratings have not skyrocketed or fallen to the Earth either.

It lost 10 percent of its audience from the premiere. That's not really something to write off.

TimK2003

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 10:52:09 PM »
American Bible Challenge is facing some drops, 482,000 viewers from its latest new episode on June 19th (episode 6 of the season). Respectable for GSN overall but a series low for Bible.

Has GSN even promoted "Bible" outside of their own channel this season?  I haven't heard a peep about the show this time around on any of the radio stations I listen to.