Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WOF taping Season 32...already  (Read 2538 times)

brianhenke

WOF taping Season 32...already
« on: May 03, 2014, 01:10:25 AM »
     Wheel of Fortune taped shows tonight that will air on the week of October 6. 

Normally, Wheel starts taping the new season in July. (They will tape shows in Hawaii this July, apparently.)

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: WOF taping Season 32...already
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 02:24:26 AM »
Normally, Wheel starts taping the new season in July.

Can I get some corroboration? I thought Wheel and Jeopardy were on similar schedules. Which means both should be taping now.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 02:47:15 AM »
Normally, Wheel starts taping the new season in July.

Can I get some corroboration? I thought Wheel and Jeopardy were on similar schedules. Which means both should be taping now.
As per the Airing/Taping Schedule at Buy A Vowel, Season 31 of Wheel of Fortune began taping July 11th, Season 30 started taping July 12th, and Season 29 started taping July 14th.

Normally, Wheel starts taping the new season in July. (They will tape shows in Hawaii this July, apparently.)
As per the local affiliate in Hawaii that airs Wheel, Wheel will begin taping there in September. Still, the Hawaii tapings seem to offer the best speculated explanation as to why they've started taping now. To allow them the down time they'll need to transport everything to and from Hawaii.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 08:25:57 AM »
I emailed a friend yesterday who works at the CBS electronics department about an unrelated issue.

He also works on various shows including Wheel. I received an out of office message saying that he was on location, which to me meant Wheel.

If true, I also did find it odd that they would be taping so early.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 10:29:13 AM »
If there's a type of show that doesn't really have any reason to think about "seasons" it's game shows, and if there's a specific game show that should care even less, it's Wheel.  For all the difference it would make, they could be taping ten or heck, fifteen shows a week practically year round and build up an inventory that would last for years, and unless Vanna got hit by a truck in the interim, hardly anybody would know the difference.  I just see very little reason to get worked up about the Holy Sanctity of the "season" concept being tampered with.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.