Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cedric Doesn't Want to Be a Millionaire Host  (Read 17850 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Cedric Doesn't Want to Be a Millionaire Host
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2014, 11:04:19 PM »
I'm not denying that you guys have points, but I at the same time would like some proof. That's all.

That works in two directions though. You've said "Here's what I think because X." It was then pointed out that there are lots of examples where X was not an issue. Nobody knows (and nobody will likely know outside of the producers and Cedric) the whole story; it's just being pointed out that *your* proof isn't irrefutable.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2014, 11:20:59 PM »
I'm not denying that you guys have points, but I at the same time would like some proof. That's all.

That works in two directions though. You've said "Here's what I think because X." It was then pointed out that there are lots of examples where X was not an issue. Nobody knows (and nobody will likely know outside of the producers and Cedric) the whole story; it's just being pointed out that *your* proof isn't irrefutable.

Not arguing that, and you're right. But unless somebody from the show could elaborate, then anything that we assume is hearsay. Because we weren't there.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2014, 11:24:13 PM »
Not arguing that, and you're right. But unless somebody from the show could elaborate, then anything that we assume is hearsay. Because we weren't there.

Pretty sure nobody is arguing that either. First beer's on me.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2014, 11:29:45 PM »
I could use one. Fleury pitching two straight shutouts ain't helping. ;)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Don Howard

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2014, 09:21:31 PM »
Doesn't want to be, hmm? Fine with me, clown. Don't let it hit you.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2014, 12:33:14 PM »
Whether we like it or not, the days when game show hosts who didn't go way over the top got the nod to host a show are over.  Enjoy Pat and Alex while they're still there, because their replacements will most likely be the next Steve Harvey.

True. Game show hosts have always come from an entertainment background, whether as broadway actors, panelists on other shows, or even comedians. The brand of humor has changed over the years, not necessarily where the guys are coming from.

I do have to disagree on your other point- I think it's a stretch to think that Wheel or Jeopardy would replace their guy with the next Steve Harvey. I think they're seeing from Millionare that hiring the really funny guy doesn't necessarily transcend shows. The guy who hosts your show has to understand from the get go how many"spots" he's going to get. The time and place for humor on Jeopardy is totally different than that on Family Feud.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

aaron sica

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2014, 12:43:07 PM »
The time and place for humor on Jeopardy is totally different than that on Family Feud.

I agree with you completely. Jeopardy and Millionaire are both what I would call "hard quiz" programs. The accent is very much on knowing a hodgepodge of different areas of trivia. While they're not COMPLETELY serious, and there's some lightharded moments on them from time to time, the emphasis is very much on the gameplay. Not too much room for a comedian to make light of situations here.

Then we go to Feud, what I would call a "fun game show" as compared to the "hard quiz" I spoke of above. No trivia here, and no way to really "bone up" on the subject before you enter the show - you're trying to predict what 100 people said, and the answers may not necessarily be "correct".  Not only that, but under pressure, sometimes a very silly answer will be given. This is where a comedian comes in, to really magnify the situation and milk some laughs out of it. This is why with Steve Harvey, the show's ratings improved. He is very good at that.

clemon79

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2014, 01:42:41 PM »
I think it's a stretch to think that Wheel or Jeopardy would replace their guy with the next Steve Harvey.

...so they went out and got President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.