Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Crackle Getting Sports Jeopardy! with Dan Patrick  (Read 23761 times)

pacdude

Crackle Getting Sports Jeopardy! with Dan Patrick
« on: April 29, 2014, 06:33:34 PM »
Prepping him for the real deal, maybe?

http://www.chieftain.com/sports/2515194-120/jeopardy-sports-crackle-game

"Sony Pictures said Tuesday that “Sports Jeopardy!” will begin this fall on Crackle, a Sony-owned digital service available on mobile devices and services such as PlayStation, Xbox, Apple TV and Roku. Crackle general manager Eric Berger says the sports-themed game show will diversify programming on the service, best known for the Jerry Seinfeld comedy shorts series “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.”"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Crackle Getting Sports Jeopardy! with Dan Patrick
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 07:40:12 PM »
First-run game shows on streaming services. Honestly, I wasn't sure I would see the day. Or at least not this soon. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 07:45:34 PM »
I said last fall that House of Cards' Emmy nomination was a game changer, in a way. But streaming game shows, I'm here for that. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must look up the corporate address for Crackle and put together a few proposals. ;-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 08:44:54 PM »
Now, if you'll excuse me, I must look up the corporate address for Crackle and put together a few proposals. ;-P
I know, right?

Two thoughts about this right now:
-I wonder what changes.  I can't imagine that having a web-only show that gives out tens of thousands of dollars 5 times a week is a sustainable business model.
-I also wonder how the Battle of the Decades and the uploading of Classic episodes played into this, if at all
This signature is currently under construction.

colonial

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 09:06:34 PM »
Re: Possible format

They could go the R&R J! approach -- play for points, winner either gets a flat grand prize amount (say, $5,000 or $10,000), a sports-themed prize package (similar to the "ESPN vacations" offered to winners on "2-Minute Drill") or convert the points to prize money for the winner.

It's also not clear how many episodes are being produced, let alone how many new episodes will be offered per week.

JD

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 09:06:56 PM »
My guess is play for points and offer a flat prize a la Rock and Roll Jeopardy!* Either that or a sports "fantasy package", along the lines of a bunch of tickets to your favorite team's games or a trip to spring training like the 90s ESPN games used to offer.

*That was weekly, no?

ETA: Great minds think alike...looks like James and I had virtually the same exact idea...at nearly the same exact time. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

brianhenke

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 03:03:02 PM »
  ESPN once had Sports Jeopardy! on its website.

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 03:04:54 PM »
Did it now.
Travis L. Eberle

weaklink75

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 05:45:53 PM »
Now, if you'll excuse me, I must look up the corporate address for Crackle and put together a few proposals. ;-P
I know, right?

Two thoughts about this right now:
-I wonder what changes.  I can't imagine that having a web-only show that gives out tens of thousands of dollars 5 times a week is a sustainable business model.
-I also wonder how the Battle of the Decades and the uploading of Classic episodes played into this, if at all

According to this it'll be a weekly show, apparently with a 52-ep commitment at first...

http://m.deadline.com/2014/04/jerry-seinfeld-comedians-in-cars-getting-coffee-renewal-crackle/

chad1m

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 06:07:41 PM »
I'm impressed by the initial commitment. I was expecting a 10 episode "let's see how this goes" sort of thing at first.

goongas

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 08:43:06 PM »
Crackle is owned by Sony, so it is no coincidence that they went with one of their existing properties to get some eyeballs to the site.

goongas

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 01:04:34 PM »
They released more information.  Each game, the winner will receive $5,000, second place $2,000, third place $1,000.

http://sportsjeopardy.azurewebsites.net/download-about.pdf

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 02:04:26 PM »

Brian

Which was an online game based on the jeopardy.com version. Not the same idea.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

colonial

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 09:13:11 PM »
There was also information posted on auditions for the show.  Current plans are auditions in five locations in June or July ...

http://sportsjeopardy.azurewebsites.net/download-sample.pdf

The site also says that former J! contestants are eligible to play Sports J!.

JD

weaklink75

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 09:39:15 PM »
They released more information.  Each game, the winner will receive $5,000, second place $2,000, third place $1,000.

http://sportsjeopardy.azurewebsites.net/download-about.pdf

And the three highest scorers will come back at the end of the season for a $50,000 two-game playoff as well...