Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How would you revive...Tic Tac Dough?  (Read 21494 times)

GS Warehouse

How would you revive...Tic Tac Dough?
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2003, 11:25:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jun 26 2003, 08:34 PM\'] Make it a game of definitions. [/quote]
[throws dictionaries at Don]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2003, 11:26:45 PM by GS Warehouse »

Dan Sadro

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2003, 02:54:16 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jun 26 2003, 08:34 PM\'] Make it a game of definitions. [/quote]
 That was, officially, the correct response :^)

HYHYBT

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2003, 03:24:50 AM »
Someone somewhere up there said to edit out tie games. Now if you do that, most of the portion of the audience that's paying attention will notice. They might not notice Pat Sajak's never spinning Bankrupt anymore, but everyone knows that tic-tac-toe is easy to tie. So as soon as a game gets to the point where one player can win and the other can only hope for a tie, you've lost them.

So either you have to make a rule preventing ties, or leave them in the show. The 5-square rule is already on Hollywood Squares, and at this point that show's enough well-known that to steal one of its original rules would just make it harder for Tic Tac Dough not to look like a celebrity-less, comedy-less ripoff. And off the top of my head, I can't think of another good, simple rule to prevent ties.
________

I'd like something more skill-based for the bonus, and more with the theme of tic-tac-toe, but still keeping the Dragon (new graphics, old roar! That was the worst part of the 1990 dragon, at least until he learned to rap). How about something like (I think) Trump Card had? Pick a numbered space, answer a question, get an X for a right answer or an O for either a pass or a wrong answer. Put the Dragon behind one of the spaces with the usual result. Three X's in a row wins. Adjust the question difficulty and maybe add a timer, depending on how often you want a win.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2003, 04:09:29 AM by HYHYBT »
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

BrandonFG

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2003, 10:29:34 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 26 2003, 05:03 PM\'] I usually stay out of these threads, but here's the idea I have of having a better end game that still features the Dragon:

DRAGONFIRE

Well, sirs? [/quote]
 Sounds pretty good, but I'd make it :30, that way you can have time to throw in a little \"dragon rap.\" :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

ChuckNet

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2003, 12:17:47 PM »
My idea for an update's far simpler: Keep the format more-or-less exactly what it was on the Winker's version, w/only slight inflation ($500 for outer boxes, $1K for the center), and use the bonus round from the short-lived CBS version, w/each X or O uncovered worth $250.

That works best, IMO...slight inflation for the times w/out falling victim to the dreaded \"mo' money syndrome\".

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")