The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

How would you revive...Tic Tac Dough?

(1/7) > >>

brianhenke:
If you were in charge of putting a revival of Tic Tac Dough, what would you do?

Here is my changes- from-the-Wink-years suggestion:

Two new contestants open each day.  1st question is toss-up for the center square. If the contestant who buzzes in first gets it right, he/she gets the center square and $500 is added to the pot.  The other opponent gets the next questions.

The categories will be shuffled, as before - then the contestant who gets the toss-up question right plays again.

The front game will be a best 2-of-3 format. Each game ends when someone gets Tic Tac Dough, or the first contestant to get 5 spaces in case no TTD can be achieved. The winner must get his/her question right to win.

The front game's winner takes on the returning champion in a one game showdown (shades of Face the Music!). Once again, the winning contestant is the one who gets Tic Tac Dough or gets 5 spaces in case no TTD can be acheived.

The day's champion then goes on to the Bonus Round, where he/she attempts to face the dragon. No rapping or dragon slayers, it will be the endgame we all know, but with updated values and a progressive prize package.  The values on the board should be 200-300-500-600-750-1000, plus Tic, Tac and the dragon. The contestant wins the bonus round by (a) hitting Tic and Tac or (b) accumulating $2,000 in the game without hitting the dragon.  If the dragon is hit, the contestant loses all of his/her winnings. The contestant can stop at any time in the game.

The prize package that the contestant can win should start at $7K. Each day that the endgame isn't won, another prize is added and one will be added every day that someone doesn't win. When a contestant wins the endgame, a new prize package will be up for grabs.

A contestant who wins five games wins a car, which should be in the $20-25K range.  When a contestant wins ten games and two cars, he/she is automatically retired as champion.

How would you update TTD for the 21st century?

Brian

Zina Williams is a tennis-playing sister?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!

BrandonFG:
Two ideas:

Two individual rounds. The first to get a TTD wins the round and goes to the bonus round.  In the event of a \"cat's game,\" the round will be thrown out and a new one will be played in its place. However, the \"cat\" round will never be seen, in order to save time, a la MGPM tiebreakers, when both contestant gave the same response.  

CENTER SQUARE: $1000
OUTSIDE SQUARES: $500

After the first bonus round, another match is played between the champ and a new contestant, or maybe the first round challenger, a la Pyramid. Bonus round high score returns the next day.

Each round has the center/outside squares worth $1000/$500 for r. 1 and 2, doubling for r. 3 if necessary. High score at the end of the game wins. In the event of a \"cat\" game, then the tie-breaker IS played for double.

Special categories? Sure why not....I don't know any of the original special categories, but keep them just for the spirit of TTD. :-P

BONUS ROUND:
It should NOT be a \"Face the Dragon.\" A bonus round should require SOME sort of skill. What I'm thinking is give the contestant :30 to answer questions and somehow get 3-in-a-row. You answer wrong, you have to take another route, a limited version of Blockbusters.  3-in-a-row wins the prize package. Otherwise the contestant gets $500 for each correct answer.

KrisW73:
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Jun 25 2003, 02:19 PM\'] The values on the board should be 200-300-500-600-750-1000, plus Tic, Tac and the dragon. The contestant wins the bonus round by (a) hitting Tic and Tac or (b) accumulating $2,000 in the game without hitting the dragon.  If the dragon is hit, the contestant loses all of his/her winnings. The contestant can stop at any time in the game.

The prize package that the contestant can win should start at $7K. Each day that the endgame isn't won, another prize is added and one will be added every day that someone doesn't win. When a contestant wins the endgame, a new prize package will be up for grabs.

[/quote]
Sorry I would go with the CBS format of $150 for each X or O (Changed to $250) and find the Tic Tac Dough before the dragon.

I thought the TIC and TAC endgame was ok, but what did this particular bonus game have to do with getting  three in a row?

inturnaround:
Why change anything except the money? Not a drastic increase, but a lil somethin' somethin'.

TTD is a great game. It's a hard quiz with strategy. The end game always had me fascinated when I was a kid, I'd cringe whenever the dragon came out. It was a successful game in the past and I see no reason why it couldn't be in the future. I just hope they don't \"ultra modernize\" it with a fancy-pants set and darkly lit mood lighting.

clemon79:
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Jun 25 2003, 12:19 PM\'] The front game will be a best 2-of-3 format. Each game ends when someone gets Tic Tac Dough, or the first contestant to get 5 spaces in case no TTD can be achieved. The winner must get his/her question right to win.

The front game's winner takes on the returning champion in a one game showdown (shades of Face the Music!). Once again, the winning contestant is the one who gets Tic Tac Dough or gets 5 spaces in case no TTD can be acheived.
 [/quote]
 Do you really think you're going to be able to fit FOUR FULL GAMES of TTD into a half-hour?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version