Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show themes on radio programs?  (Read 11086 times)

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
Re: Game Show themes on radio programs?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 03:50:59 PM »
KQMV (Movin' 92.5 FM) morning show, "Brooke and Jubal In The Morning" do a segment called "Shock Collar Trivia".  When the segment starts, and up until the question is asked, the music bed is the "Supermarket Sweep" theme (the later theme).  Then it goes to (I think) WWTBAM background ($25000 level, IIRC).
--Matt

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 04:05:21 PM »
They also do their own twist on the Best of Ten Test of Knowledge, which is a fun little diversion. (using music from Classic Concentration) I think the folks up at 107.7 FM did it better as Beat the Producer, though.
Travis L. Eberle

JMFabiano

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 09:16:30 AM »
Actually, I just heard the MG theme (TV edit) on Star 99.1 promoting their "Match Game" (which is more like Concentration, actually).  The game itself uses the Fast Money answer reveal from 1988-now. 

New Jersey 101.5 has a ton of usages, as their Friday evening games are often based on game shows.  They do MG (using the GSN themes version), Pyramid, and Password (1971 theme).  Here's something interesting: one of the other shows on 101.5 used what seems to be a cover of "Tuning Up."  Way back when, they had the TPIR theme playing behind the rules and regulations for station contests.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

davemackey

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 11:23:36 AM »
Oh yes, Deminski and Doyle on NJ101.5 still play Friday games & use the theme songs whenever possible. The bad CD cut of "Match Game" was the most recent.

snowpeck

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 09:30:40 PM »
Here's something interesting: one of the other shows on 101.5 used what seems to be a cover of "Tuning Up." 
I'm guessing it's the version on this loathsome album: http://www.amazon.com/Seen-Game-Show-Theme-Songs/dp/B0011NDAXY
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 09:39:05 PM »
Here's something interesting: one of the other shows on 101.5 used what seems to be a cover of "Tuning Up." 
I'm guessing it's the version on this loathsome album: http://www.amazon.com/Seen-Game-Show-Theme-Songs/dp/B0011NDAXY

Good lord, they want nine bones for that? It sounds like Super Nintendo music.

The Feud theme is particularly bad. Almost succeeds the Genesis version as worst.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:47:50 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 10:09:15 PM »

There are companies out there whose primary thing seems to be to watch for whatever song is hot, pump out a shitty cover as quickly as possible, and get it up on the Amazon store in the hopes that someone buys it by accident instead of the original track.

So I cannot be surprised that they want nine bones for that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 10:14:34 PM »

There are companies out there whose primary thing seems to be to watch for whatever song is hot, pump out a shitty cover as quickly as possible, and get it up on the Amazon store in the hopes that someone buys it by accident instead of the original track.

So I cannot be surprised that they want nine bones for that.

Funny you bring that up.

Years ago, back when Chumbawamba was still quasirelevant, my brother picked up a CD single of what was said to be remixes of their one and only hit.

And they were remixes. Of some douchebag's cover of it.

Couldn't have enough whiskey drinks, vodka drinks, lager drinks or cider drinks to make it sound tolerable.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:17:57 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 10:36:03 PM »
Years ago, back when Chumbawamba was still quasirelevant

So those couple of months between "Tubthumping" and "Amnesia", then? :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 12:49:59 AM »
I've heard those shitty mixes on Spotify. Wanted to listen to a nice theme song playlist at work, and got treated to what sounded like karaoke versions, and not just game show themes. "The Hit Crew" also managed to bastardize the Rockford Files and Magnum, P.I. themes.

Insulted, my intelligence was.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Argo

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2023, 10:02:55 PM »
I've heard those shitty mixes on Spotify. Wanted to listen to a nice theme song playlist at work, and got treated to what sounded like karaoke versions, and not just game show themes. "The Hit Crew" also managed to bastardize the Rockford Files and Magnum, P.I. themes.

Insulted, my intelligence was.

IMHO, even Mike Post was able to bastardize Rockford Files on the later albums and TV specials. Blame it on the 90s I guess.