Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Squares returning to UK TV  (Read 2781 times)

brianhenke

Celebrity Squares returning to UK TV
« on: April 16, 2014, 11:33:33 PM »
    The UK version of Hollywood Squares, Celebrity Squares, is being revived in the UK.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/global-showbiz-briefs-simon-dickson-leaving-shine-groups-dragonfly-itv-agrees-to-revive-Hollywood-squares-format-more/

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Celebrity Squares returning to UK TV
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 11:35:48 PM »
The revamped series will be produced by September Films and GroupM Entertainment and hosted by Warwick Davis

Talk about burying the lede.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 11:37:49 PM »
You're not kidding. Holy wow.

/From what I hear the new iteration of Fifteen-to-One is being met with yawns and criticism, so this couldn't be worse.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:47:34 PM »
Make no mistake, he may very well be fantastic and it's definitely outside-the-box thinking. But, crap, THAT'S the story, not that Hollywood Squares is being Revived Yet Again.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 11:52:14 PM »
It is entirely possible that this guy got the gig because for once in his life Coolio was not available.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 11:55:30 PM »
It is entirely possible that this guy got the gig because for once in his life Coolio was not available.

UK game shows do not phear the Coolio. I fully expect him to appear on the panel.

Thunder

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 12:24:35 AM »

They're building the set now...

tvmitch

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 08:28:47 AM »
/From what I hear the new iteration of Fifteen-to-One is being met with yawns and criticism, so this couldn't be worse.
Not to skew OT here, but I attempted to watch the premiere. I love Sandi Toksvig, love the format, but what a slow-moving turd the new version is. I couldn't make it through the first episode.
You should follow me on Twitter

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 02:13:25 PM »
The complaints about it remind me of the first flight of Duel episodes, especially the premiere. They record however much tape that they do, expecting a 60 minute premiere and figuring that they'll cut a half-hour of banter and padding and what do you know, ABC says "can you have a 90 minute episode to kick if off?" and the whole enterprise huffs and wheezes along. What I've heard is that 15-to-1 was meant to fill a smaller news hole than it ended up taking on so the episode has all that much more filler, which is unheard of for a game that's pretty well question-question-question all the way through. (One thing that I'm impressed by is the fact that the show was able to cut down twelve contestants at roughly the same time each episode, rather than needing to make lots of edits and jump cuts or pointless extra empty calories.) It is similar to the way that so many of our game shows are retreaded out for another go and they get something terribly wrong and the new version falls flat.
Travis L. Eberle