Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: First autograph from GS folk  (Read 12482 times)

JakeT

Re: First autograph from GS folk
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2014, 06:22:28 PM »
Neat question, Tammy.

Mine was Bob Clayton, in person when I followed him out onto the street after a Pyramid taping.  I was 14.  That was also  my only one for more than twenty years, until I started making regular trips to California.

Oooooh...this is the first I've heard about our dear Mr. Ottinger being a teen stalker and chasing down a poor defenseless Clayton-meister after a Pyramid taping!  For shame, Matt...for SHAME! 

(Now maybe I won't be accused of being a kiss-ass when praising you in the future...heheheh)

JakeT

JakeT

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2014, 06:24:23 PM »
Betty White, in 2003 or 2004, as an early teen who sent her a letter and an autograph request. Still have it and cherish it.

I wholeheartedly agree that anything with Ms. White's signature on it is as good as gold!  I have one of her books that was personally autographed to me years ago that I love dearly and will hold onto no matter how much of my overall collection that I eventually part with...

JakeT

BillCullen1

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2014, 09:07:11 PM »
I used to collect autographs back in the 70s when I attended game shows in NYC as a teenager. Like Matt, I also went to Pyramid. IIRC the very first autograph was either Dick Clark or Bill Cullen. Not sure which. I'm going to have to look for those books. There's a lot of people who are no longer with us. I also had the foresight to print the name of each celeb on the bottom of the page in case my memory got fuzzy. The autograph books were cheap enough to get at Woolworth's. A buck or two I think.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2014, 09:46:39 AM »
I met Ray Combs at a department store promotion in Toledo.  He signed an 8x10 for me with a nice personal message.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Gsguy

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 12:50:38 PM »
Monty Hall through the mail.

Queen of Nerdocrombesia

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2014, 03:34:43 PM »
My freshman year in college, I skipped a mandatory class function (*cough*feigned a doctor's appointment*cough*) to go to Peter Marshall's book signing in NYC.  Brought along a few other things (including a stereo LP of the "Skyscraper" original cast album with CNR), and he was nothing but a pure gentleman.  Something I'll always remember.

"These days, if a show doesn't make it in a couple of weeks, it goes out in the alley.  Faith has become too expensive."

--Garry Moore, 1979

Marc412

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2014, 04:27:09 PM »
How could I have forgotten that I got two autographed books from Ken Jennings?  One was for submitting a puzzle for Parade magazine and the other was for taking part in an "ask me anything".