Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drew Carey, Craig Ferguson April Fools Switch  (Read 19092 times)

The Pyramids

Re: Drew Carey, Craig Ferguson April Fools Switch
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 04:42:28 PM »
I think Drew has gotten better.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 05:39:23 PM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/behind-scenes-drew-carey-craig-692347

"Ferguson is the fourth host of The Price Is Right, with only Dennis James, Bob Barker and Carey (as of 2007) having led contestants through the pricing games." Ummmm ...

You know, I think I'm going to give them that.  I believe it's accurate with regard to the CBS daytime program.

It is accurate for the daytime version, though to make things sound more impressive, they have chosen to omit the four models who co-hosted a full episode last year (which also was a special April Fools event).

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 05:59:49 PM »
It is accurate for the daytime version, though to make things sound more impressive, they have chosen to omit the four models who co-hosted a full episode last year (which also was a special April Fools event).

Interesting to compare that to Jeopardy, which if I'm not mistaken has only had three hosts in its entire 50-year history*, and one of THEM was an April Fools stunt.

*Please do not talk to me of Jeff Probst and Bob Bergen.  Those were completely different shows.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 06:15:50 PM »
*Please do not talk to me of Jeff Probst and Bob Bergen. Those were completely different shows.
Understandable. Those were spinoffs rather than the main series, much like the Kennedy and Davidson versions of Price (and the Gameshow Marathon episode, I suppose).

Also by comparison, Wheel of Fortune has had five hosts in its 39-year history (ignoring the nighttime show for its first eight years due to overlapping).
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

chrisholland03

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 08:11:55 PM »
I watched, was entertained.  Would watch again.

tvwxman

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »
Anyone think Shadoe was channelling Rod with that suit?

Craig was great - fun. I was a fan already - and now I'm really looking forward to seeing him host his Name Game show this fall.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

TimK2003

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 10:48:30 PM »
Haven't seen Price on a regular basis, but was within ear/eyeshot of a TV today for the switch...

• Was today's trip package to Las Vegas the most expensive single trip ever offered?  I had to do a double take when I first heard that the trip was worth over $21,000, but then I heard Craig repeat the $21K figure again. 

Unrealtor

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 10:52:44 PM »
Now that we've gone through hosts, how many announcers have been on the current run? It's got to be at least fifteen, maybe closer to twenty if you include the models from last year's April Fools episode. Johnny, Rod, Rich, and George, plus at least Gene Wood and Rich Jeffries between Johnny and Rod, plus Burton and Randy as fill-ins during Rod's absences gives us at least eight and I can't even start to name all the people who got on-air tryouts after Rod's death and Rich's dismissal.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

RobertSearcy

• Executive Producer
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 10:53:30 PM »
I might be in the minority here......but I thought Craig's hosting was more like Bob Hastings on Dealer's Choice.

Shadoe on the other hand I thought didn't do so bad on the announcing.
"If everyone played Stud 8, it wouldn't matter who's in the White House because this would be one happy country!" -- Norman Chad during the 2007 World Series of Poker $50K HORSE event

Unrealtor

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2014, 12:38:25 AM »
I might be in the minority here......but I thought Craig's hosting was more like Bob Hastings on Dealer's Choice.

He was certainly higher energy than is ideal, but for a one-off show I don't consider that to be ruinous. I was impressed by how he had the mechanics of the games down. He didn't get the most complicated games out there, but I wouldn't consider Lucky $even to be among the two easiest car games or Hi-Lo to be the easiest grocery-item game.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

SuperMatch93

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 12:02:38 PM »
• Was today's trip package to Las Vegas the most expensive single trip ever offered?  I had to do a double take when I first heard that the trip was worth over $21,000, but then I heard Craig repeat the $21K figure again.

6/17/13's wedding shower special had a dream wedding trip to Aruba for the couple and 20 guests worth $47,017.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 12:59:16 PM »
I was impressed by how he had the mechanics of the games down. He didn't get the most complicated games out there, but I wouldn't consider Lucky $even to be among the two easiest car games or Hi-Lo to be the easiest grocery-item game.

The lineup was interesting in that it didn't seem to have a lot of quick or easy-to-explain games out there.  Although, it stands to reason that your choice of games are fairly limited when neither of your models have working fingers.
This signature is currently under construction.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 01:23:02 PM »
The lineup was interesting in that it didn't seem to have a lot of quick or easy-to-explain games out there.  Although, it stands to reason that your choice of games are fairly limited when neither of your models have working fingers.

The games may not have been super quick, but I thought that Do the Math and Lucky Seven were the only two moderately difficult games to explain -- and with enough prep time, those could easily be handled, as we saw Craig achieve.

(They also succeeded in choosing six different games than last year's "somebody other than Drew hosts" April Fools special.)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 01:47:43 PM »
I liked that they did something different (and it helped that Craig was actually decent at it) but that they didn't beat us over the head with the fact that they're doing a gag show (Pat, Funny nose-glasses, everything falls apart, 10,000th thing)

Understatement worked in the show's favor.
Travis L. Eberle

chrisholland03

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 01:52:53 PM »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the flub statement in the credits, as of yet.