Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drew Carey, Craig Ferguson April Fools Switch  (Read 19120 times)

Matt Ottinger

Drew Carey, Craig Ferguson April Fools Switch
« on: March 17, 2014, 08:21:01 PM »
I think a rumor of this was posted a while back, but there are now more details.  George Grey and the models help Drew in late night (with Carl Reiner and Joan Jett!), while Geoff and Secretariat will appear on TPIR.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/03/17/carey-ferguson-price-is-right-late-late-show/6523425/

One of the more interesting things to serious game show fans is that it appears Shadoe Stevens, whose contributions to The Late Late Show are less than minimal, but who of course has game show experience, will have the "Come On Down!" duties.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Drew Carey, Craig Ferguson April Fools Switch
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 09:14:36 PM »
One of the more interesting things to serious game show fans is that it appears Shadoe Stevens, whose contributions to The Late Late Show are less than minimal

Is Shadoe even in the studio for CraigyFerg tapings? I can't think of a single reason his parts wouldn't be canned.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 09:56:15 PM »
One of the more interesting things to serious game show fans is that it appears Shadoe Stevens, whose contributions to The Late Late Show are less than minimal
Is Shadoe even in the studio for CraigyFerg tapings? I can't think of a single reason his parts wouldn't be canned.

Surely not.  When I went to a taping a couple years ago, he certainly wasn't introduced to the audience, while everybody else (even the kids inside the horse costume) were.

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 09:57:51 PM »
He does the VO's from his home studio
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

DrBear

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 01:11:00 PM »
Surely not.  When I went to a taping a couple years ago, he certainly wasn't introduced to the audience, while everybody else (even the kids inside the horse costume) were.
Secretariat is a costume? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously, these sound like two interesting shows to watch - Craig's interaction with audience members on his show should work well on TPIR, and it'll be nice to have Drew being himself without the format straitjacket.

(side note - doesn't Geoff Peterson wear a TPIR nametag? Will he have to take it off when he's actually on the show? And why am I worrying about this?)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »
Article about today's switches, along with the greatest quote in the history of quotes, ""This show is so hard to host. Drew makes it looks easy."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/behind-scenes-drew-carey-craig-692347

Kniwt

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 03:25:19 PM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/behind-scenes-drew-carey-craig-692347

"Ferguson is the fourth host of The Price Is Right, with only Dennis James, Bob Barker and Carey (as of 2007) having led contestants through the pricing games." Ummmm ...

Don Howard

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 03:28:59 PM »

"Ferguson is the fourth host of The Price Is Right, with only Dennis James, Bob Barker and Carey (as of 2007) having led contestants through the pricing games." Ummmm ...

I'm happily surprised they thought to mention Dennis.
I am further pleased they did not mention Ms. Lake.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 03:33:23 PM »

You know, I think I'm going to give them that.  I believe it's accurate with regard to the CBS daytime program.

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 03:35:54 PM »
I believe it's accurate with regard to the CBS daytime program.

Is it? Did Dennis James ever do the daytime show?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 03:42:35 PM »
Is it? Did Dennis James ever do the daytime show?
I think he substituted for Bob a time.
Travis L. Eberle

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 03:49:24 PM »
Yes. Jessy Leppert uploaded one such episode to the Tubes.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 03:52:56 PM »
Well I'll be.

aaron sica

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 04:05:12 PM »
Yep, was a Christmas week 1974 ep, IIRC. Dennis made it a point I think to say that it was NOT Barker in the Santa suit? It's been awhile since I watched it.

I said it before and I'll say it again....I really like all the different things that TPiR has tried since Carey took over as host. Holiday-themed shows (BESIDES Christmas), and now a whole other host for April Fool's Day. I actually enjoy watching the show more now with Carey at the helm than I did with Barker.

/braces for the heads of the fanbois to asplode

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 04:13:40 PM »
I said it before and I'll say it again....I really like all the different things that TPiR has tried since Carey took over as host. Holiday-themed shows (BESIDES Christmas), and now a whole other host for April Fool's Day. I actually enjoy watching the show more now with Carey at the helm than I did with Barker.
They seem to be much more willing to try new stuff. I would forgive some of the lousy stuff for all of the good things that happen. As for Drew he's no different than other hosts who are great when they're good and when they're bad they're awful.

/Could do without the salute to Spring Break; there's plenty enough college students on the show as is.
Travis L. Eberle