Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What Happened To Rod Roddy?  (Read 7460 times)

itsme

What Happened To Rod Roddy?
« on: June 25, 2003, 01:00:28 PM »
\"This is Burton Richardson, speaking for The Price is Right\" -- it just doesn't sound right

Kevin Prather

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 01:11:11 PM »
Rod Roddy has had prostate cancer for several months now. Burton Richardson and Randy West has been subbing for him on occassion. It looks like Rod is back for a while.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 01:19:00 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jun 25 2003, 10:11 AM\'] It looks like Rod is back for a while. [/quote]
 What it looks like is that we're in repeats, aren't we?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 01:24:48 PM »
are we? yah, they aired the michael eppy a few days ago, so i guess we are. i stand corrected. thanx, chris.

in that case, Rod is still recouperating, i assume.

joey7879

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 02:26:44 PM »
Rod Roddy has had prostate cancer for several months now.

Isn't it colon cancer?

What it looks like is that we're in repeats, aren't we?

Season 31 ended last Wednesday; They stuck in a repeat of the Michael episode last Thursday; Last Friday's and this week's episodes are new ones that were pre-empted a while back.

Oh, and be sure to watch this Friday's episode.  ;-)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2003, 02:27:06 PM by joey7879 »

TV Favorites

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2003, 03:03:20 PM »
Rod had colon cancer which he had surgery and treatment for.  According to CBS.com, Rod was out this past time due to prostate surgery, but I think it may have been unreleated to the colon cancer.

And these episodes are some that are not reruns, but were taped earlier in the season and never made it to air (completely, anyway) due to war coverage.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2003, 08:56:53 PM »
And I'm not sure I'd really call the Michael episode a rerun, either, since the East Coast didn't see beyond the 4th IUFB and the West Coast never saw it at all.

As for Rod, from what I understand, he's currently working on a whenever-he-feels-up-to-it basis.  Officially, Randy is still filling in for him.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2003, 09:00:30 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

davemackey

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2003, 05:23:25 PM »
Rod's latest procedure was for BPH, benign prostate hyperplasia, or an enlarged prostate. Barker had the same surgery not too long ago.

ChuckNet

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2003, 12:25:19 PM »
Rod's latest procedure was for BPH, benign prostate hyperplasia, or an enlarged prostate. Barker had the same surgery not too long ago.

...as did Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan, and when ABC News ran a story on it, they mis-captioned one line and said he was treated for an \"enlarged prostitute\". :-)

Chuck Donegan (The llustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

Skynet74

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2003, 03:01:40 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jun 27 2003, 11:25 AM\']

...as did Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan, and when ABC News ran a story on it, they mis-captioned one line and said he was treated for an \"enlarged prostitute\". :-)

Chuck Donegan (The llustrious \"Chuckie Baby\") [/quote]

Yeah. there's nothing worse that an enlarged Prostitute. If you are going to spend all that money, at least get yourself a hot skinny one!  :-)

John
« Last Edit: June 27, 2003, 03:03:06 PM by Skynet74 »

HYHYBT

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2003, 02:59:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jun 27 2003, 03:01 PM\'] [quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jun 27 2003, 11:25 AM\']

...as did Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan, and when ABC News ran a story on it, they mis-captioned one line and said he was treated for an "enlarged prostitute". :-)

Chuck Donegan (The llustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]

Yeah. there's nothing worse that an enlarged Prostitute. If you are going to spend all that money, at least get yourself a hot skinny one!  :-)

John [/quote]
 Would that not depend on which parts of the prostitute were enlarged?
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Skynet74

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2003, 07:29:43 PM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' date=\'Jun 28 2003, 01:59 AM\']

John [/QUOTE]
Would that not depend on which parts of the prostitute were enlarged? [/quote]

Very Good Point!  :-)