Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classic Concentration home game  (Read 3035 times)

Adam Nedeff

Classic Concentration home game
« on: February 16, 2014, 01:46:33 PM »
It's come to my attention that my copy may be a particularly uncommon one. Those of you who have one, do the puzzles come on separate cards, or on a roll-a-matic?

snowpeck

Re: Classic Concentration home game
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 01:57:56 PM »
Separate cards, though the roll-a-matic is depicted on the box. Which does yours have?
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 01:59:41 PM »
I have a (very cheaply made) roll-a-matic.

tpirfan28

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 02:23:35 PM »
I have a (very cheaply made) roll-a-matic.
Same as mine.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 02:49:51 PM »
Is it fair to assume the Roll-a-Matic version has the same number of puzzles as the version printed on double-sided cards--48?

Bob Zager

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 02:55:20 PM »
I have a copy of BOTH versions.  The first that I'd found was a roll-o-matic type, and a few years later I'd found one with the puzzle cards in a thrift store.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 07:54:19 AM »
I'm surprised that the home game didn't at least include a few additional materials to replicate the car round, since that was a major hook on this version.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 01:59:21 PM »
I'm surprised that the home game didn't at least include a few additional materials to replicate the car round, since that was a major hook on this version.
I'm not. If they had bothered it would have been as rip-roaring fun as the Blockbusters Gold Run.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 02:06:01 PM »
I'm not. If they had bothered it would have been as rip-roaring fun as the Blockbusters Gold Run.

"1! 3!"

"No match."

<lay down timer on side>

<reset board>

<slits own throat>
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 02:10:48 PM »
I used to while away the minutes playing a version of that but all I needed was a deck of cards. I enjoyed it for the reasons that people play memory games, but there's just no reasons to include an extra sheet of car tabs, having to pull up the slides, put 'em back, all against a timer, and replicate the game show experience. At all. If you're really keen get some half-size index cards, pick whatever cars you want to write on 'em and do that, but to recreate that game using the plastic game board would be silly.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 02:51:53 PM »
You wouldn't include them as tabs, you'd more likely just make it little cards that you laid out on the table, kinda like Beat Teh Dragon in the Tic Tac Dough home game.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe