Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 1986 Crosswits  (Read 6354 times)

aaron sica

1986 Crosswits
« on: February 05, 2014, 10:31:33 AM »
I had gotten some "new" old TV Guides and was able to confirm what I thought I remembered; WNEP-16 in Scranton started airing Crosswits in the late summer of '86 (end of July/early August), actually bouncing WoF to air it (WoF would go to another station in September).  I've never seen it aired anywhere else for a "jump start" except WNEP...Were there other stations that aired it early too?

Vahan_Nisanian

Re: 1986 Crosswits
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:36:02 AM »
Why would they air it earlier than expected? Was it intended to be a special sneak peak of the show?

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 10:56:04 AM »
Why would they air it earlier than expected? Was it intended to be a special sneak peak of the show?

That's what I'd like to know, too...

Winkfan

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 02:57:35 PM »
Was it intended to be a special sneak peak of the show?

From what I can gather so far, it appears to be.

Cordially,
Tammy
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 09:18:48 PM »
Anybody know where it aired in NYC? The only time I remember seeing it is the handful of times I watched it on the Family Channel. Granted I was a toddler at the time but there are quite a few shows that I do remember watching.

Hell, I'm still curious to see where Lingo ended up.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 10:33:03 PM »
I thought I read that both aired on WCBS? Didn't Lingo get a slot in the 7:00 hour?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 10:37:17 PM »
I thought I read that both aired on WCBS? Didn't Lingo get a slot in the 7:00 hour?

I was under the impression that Lingo at least did, because the O&Os picked it up (per Wiki). IIRC, it couldn't have been at 7 because they also picked up Win Lose or Draw and that was airing at 7 from the beginning until Convy left (by which time they had picked up Hard Copy and jettisoned WLOD to late night).

Crosswits I don't know about.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

aaron sica

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 10:50:01 PM »
Anybody know where it aired in NYC? The only time I remember seeing it is the handful of times I watched it on the Family Channel. Granted I was a toddler at the time but there are quite a few shows that I do remember watching.

As per a November 1986 TVG I have, it aired in the awesome timeslot of 2 a.m on WNBC. - replaced Kennedy PiR.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 10:52:48 PM »
I thought on some stations, Kennedy PiR ended on September 5, 1986, and Card Sharks with Bill Rafferty took its place next Monday.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:55:43 PM by Vahan_Nisanian »

PYLdude

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 11:06:11 PM »
I thought on some stations, Kennedy PiR ended on September 5, 1986, and Card Sharks with Bill Rafferty took its place next Monday.

Maybe it did, but it didn't happen in New York because CS replaced Sale on WABC.

PYLdude

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 11:09:01 PM »

As per a November 1986 TVG I have, it aired in the awesome timeslot of 2 a.m on WNBC. - replaced Kennedy PiR.

Okay cool...do you have anything in your collection that might pinpoint where Lingo was in New York?

aaron sica

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 12:30:20 AM »
Okay cool...do you have anything in your collection that might pinpoint where Lingo was in New York?

The issues I have around that timeframe are Central PA, which only includes 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, and 11 from NY...I don't remember seeing Lingo on any of those stations..Something tells me it may have aired on WLIG-55 from Long Island..

PYLdude

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 12:33:07 AM »

The issues I have around that timeframe are Central PA, which only includes 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, and 11 from NY...I don't remember seeing Lingo on any of those stations..Something tells me it may have aired on WLIG-55 from Long Island..

And if I remember correctly, Chuck Donegan has said it did (and Chuck would know)...looks like I must be making a trip to the library soon.