Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help me out and take my Family Feud survey!  (Read 12066 times)

Jay Temple

Re: Help me out and take my Family Feud survey!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 08:25:13 PM »
Seeing how the numbers work, I appreciate how many questions they have to go through to decide which ones can be used in a main game and which ones can be used in Fast Money.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

chad1m

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 08:57:15 PM »
The multiple choice totals don't add to 100
Yes - it should have been 51, not 41. Edited.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 10:34:43 PM »
what I find interesting aren't the top answers (because they're predictable) but the unpredictability of the answers that picked up one or two points each. And they're not the kind of thing you'd say as if it was a Dirty Rotten Cheater setup, they're just off-the-wall.

I remember a charity game from the CBS run that asked the past/present/future question and both answers given represented either all 100 points or damn near all of 'em.
Travis L. Eberle

nowhammies10

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 12:20:07 PM »
Looks like I gave a Pointless answer: Dunkelman didn't even make the ordered list for the Idol question.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 01:27:09 PM »
Looks like I gave a Pointless answer: Dunkelman didn't even make the ordered list for the Idol question.
Sounds like your answer wasn't chosen as one of the first 100, and even then an answer has to be named two times to chart on the big board anyway.

When answering the questions I tried to not play the meta-game of "what will be the top answer?" or "What will fill the lower half of the board and make for an interesting round?" and to just give the first answer that came to mind instead of gaming it.
Travis L. Eberle

nowhammies10

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 01:38:30 PM »
Sounds like your answer wasn't chosen as one of the first 100, and even then an answer has to be named two times to chart on the big board anyway.

Lots of the singletons were named in the ordered list.  Not a criticism, just something I noticed.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 04:09:51 PM »
Lots of the singletons were named in the ordered list.  Not a criticism, just something I noticed.

Recognizing that you are not criticizing: it's still useful data in general, if not for Family Feud necessarily.

All props to Chad for being sporting enough to share that much curated content freely.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chad1m

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 04:38:16 PM »
One thing I didn't mention that I thought others might find interesting: I did scrap one whole question. In an attempt to be grammatically correct, I asked "Name something onto which you put ice cream." Looking at the responses given, I realized that, by the answers given, a lot of people appeared to misunderstand or misread it as "Name something you put on ice cream." The question was aiming more for "pie" or "a cone," instead of "chocolate syrup" or "sprinkles," which I got enough of to render the question unusable.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 07:24:27 PM »
Ahh, the "Something to which you often lose your key" of 2014.