Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Crackle's Jeopardy Flashback  (Read 24026 times)

curtking

Crackle's Jeopardy Flashback
« on: January 18, 2014, 03:17:30 PM »
In conjunction with the Battle of the Decades tournament, Jeopardy is releasing several older episodes on the streaming service Crackle:

http://www.crackle.com/c/jeopardy-flashback

It looks like they'll be releasing the 15 episodes (80's, 90's, 00's) in phases.  The first five episodes are from the 80's and they're available now.

Curt

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Crackle's Jeopardy Flashback
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 03:19:13 PM »
So do these episodes coincide with the selected contestants?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 03:32:35 PM »
So do these episodes coincide with the selected contestants?
Yes.  More specifically the fifth day of the champions' runs (Scott, Frates, Cooper, Vered, Shannon - players selected by the show).
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 04:18:37 PM »
Yes.  More specifically the fifth day of the champions' runs (Scott, Frates, Cooper, Vered, Shannon - players selected by the show).

Really? Not even just "a representative game," but specifically their retirement game? That's an utterly brilliant idea and I give them all props for the forethought.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »
Curt, thank you for sharing. I am watching them as I type this.

Update: Just got done watching them. They have the original King-World logos and copyright disclaimers. Sweet! None of the GSN reruns from season 9 featured them, and GSN never showed Seasons 4-8. They showed the finale of the Super Jeopardy! spin-off from 1990, but that's about it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:55:25 PM by Vahan_Nisanian »

ivoryman1986

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 08:42:19 PM »
Also, the only Seasons 10-11 episodes GSN has ever reran were the Celebrity episodes. Curt, I found out that your Teen Tournament QF episode did appear on GSN once and it was Game #571 and your QF episode aired on February 9, 1987. You told me that you were not sure if GSN reran your QF game but Jamie Locklin and catnap1972 found out they did.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 01:22:32 AM »
Super Jeopardy! spin-off from 1990, but that's about it.
This is the first time I've seen the Super Jeopardy tournament referred to as a spin-off.

For Jerome his fourth game was the more impressive; and as it happens he was not in a position to overtake Officer Frank for the all-time record anyway.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:34:39 AM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 01:35:00 AM »
Super Jeopardy! spin-off from 1990, but that's about it.
This is the first time I've seen the Super Jeopardy tournament referred to as a spin-off.

To be fair, couldn't you call it a spin-off? It might've been a tournament but it was produced as a separate series at the same time.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 01:37:45 AM »
To be fair, no. It was a super tournament. Certainly not in the same league as Knots Landing, Next Generation or Boston Legal. It didn't probe any new ground other than how awful Jeopardy can be when you have four players playing.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 01:40:22 AM »
To be fair, no. It was a super tournament. Certainly not in the same league as Knots Landing, Next Generation or Boston Legal. It didn't probe any new ground other than how awful Jeopardy can be when you have four players playing.

But as I said, it was produced as a separate series. If it simply took place as part of a regular Jeopardy season, then Mr. Nissan's calling it of a spin-off is erroneous.

Since it was devised as a separate series and not designed to air as part of the season (like the 10th Anniversary, Million Dollar Masters, and UTOC were), to me that qualifies it as a spin-off.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

clemon79

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 02:31:10 AM »
Are we really arguing over calling something a "spin-off" or not? Seriously, is it that big of a deal?

PYLdude

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 03:20:06 AM »
Are we really arguing over calling something a "spin-off" or not? Seriously, is it that big of a deal?

Geez, man, did your dog die or something? You're being extra crotchety this week.

What's the big deal? It's a discussion of merits. One says it has them, one says it doesn't. Nobody's saying anything offensive and nobody's getting their bloomers in a bunch over it. Civil debate.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 11:35:57 AM »
Arguing would be a strong word for it, but there's kind of a dearth of game show content right now.
Travis L. Eberle

Don Howard

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 02:58:38 PM »
The first five episodes are from the 80's
.......and yet they're from 1990-92. Still a pleasure to see them, though, and thanks for the information and the link.

WhammyPower

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 07:41:22 PM »
The first five episodes are from the 80's
.......and yet they're from 1990-92. Still a pleasure to see them, though, and thanks for the information and the link.
... as Jeopardy's '80s consists of September 1984 - August 1994.