Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Blockbusters" Board Game  (Read 4848 times)

gamed121683

"Blockbusters" Board Game
« on: December 21, 2013, 12:21:52 PM »
Not sure if should page Mr. Ottinger to the white phone for this question, but I\'ll open it to everybody. This might be a longshot (Row 6, $350), but I was wondering if anyone had a PDF of the \"Blockbusters\" question booklet that came with the home game. Outside of being a trivia reference book junkie, I\'m curious to know if the questions were actually new questions written for the home version or they were just a bunch of recycled questions from the actual series.

Thanks in advance!

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »

Not sure if should page Mr. Ottinger to the white phone for this question, but I\'ll open it to everybody. This might be a longshot (Row 6, $350), but I was wondering if anyone had a PDF of the \"Blockbusters\" question booklet that came with the home game. Outside of being a trivia reference book junkie, I\'m curious to know if the questions were actually new questions written for the home version or they were just a bunch of recycled questions from the actual series.

Thanks in advance!

What a total coincidence...I found a Blockbusters game at the thrift yesterday, but it\'s missing the question booklet. 

Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 01:32:44 PM »

Thanks in advance!

What a total coincidence...I found a Blockbusters game at the thrift yesterday, but it\'s missing the question booklet. 

And even more coincidental, I decided to pull out one of my copies and get a further look at it after the recent addition of Blockbusters to GSN\'s lineup.

The book is small and on the thick side--80 pages long, from cover to cover.

The questions are nowhere near TV show-caliber.  For the most part, they have one part and are very straight-forward, sometimes almost too straight-forward.  (What F is where frankfurters originated?)

Matt Ottinger

Re: "Blockbusters" Board Game
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 06:08:07 PM »
The benefit of lots and lots of snow days:

http://userdata.acd.net/ottinger/Blockbusters002.pdf

and if any of you need the rules, which were printed separately:

http://userdata.acd.net/ottinger/BlockbustersInstructions.pdf
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: "Blockbusters" Board Game
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 06:16:58 PM »
The questions aren't High Rollers bad, but they're a far cry from those as seen on the program (and yet still better than the zingers that Bill Rafferty would pitch in 1987.)

/"What A is the location where you can put a thermometer?" has two answers.
/Two of 'em.
Travis L. Eberle