Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Libertymedia and Vivendi  (Read 7661 times)

opimus

Libertymedia and Vivendi
« on: June 25, 2003, 09:58:51 AM »
Libertymedia is bidding on Vivendi's entertaintment assets(Univeral). What game shows does Universal own?

Jimmy Owen

Libertymedia and Vivendi
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 12:52:12 PM »
MCA, once parent of Universal distributed \"Don Adams Screen Test\" and the \"contest\" show \"Puttin' on the Hits\" as well as the 1989 version of \"Pictionary.\" They also took over the holdings of Multimedia in the early '90s, so it's possible they might have \"Sweethearts.\" Nothing too exciting, except......in the mid '70's there was a show produced in association with MCA that ran at 2:30pm on ABC that replaced \"The Girl in My Life.\"  It would be a happy miracle if this series were intact somehow and would find its way on to one of Libertymedia's channels.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2003, 01:29:04 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

ITSBRY

Libertymedia and Vivendi
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 12:57:21 PM »
They also took over the holdings of Multimedia in the early '90s

Multimedia was the syndicator for the Davidson version of \"Pyramid\" as well, wasn't it?

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

BrandonFG

Libertymedia and Vivendi
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 01:55:46 PM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Jun 25 2003, 11:57 AM\']
They also took over the holdings of Multimedia in the early '90s

Multimedia was the syndicator for the Davidson version of \"Pyramid\" as well, wasn't it?
[/quote]
Don't hold me to this (and sooner or later Zach will jump into this one), but the show was originally dist. by Orbis or something like that (whoever syndicated TJW90)...Orbis sold their rights to someone, and I think Studio USA took over the rights to the company.  

It's something like that, Zach will say something in 3.......2.......1......
« Last Edit: June 25, 2003, 01:56:01 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Libertymedia and Vivendi
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 02:38:08 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jun 25 2003, 10:55 AM\'] It's something like that, Zach will say something in 3.......2.......1...... [/quote]
 Do you really have to encourage him? Isn't it quite enough as it is?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

Libertymedia and Vivendi
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2003, 02:50:02 PM »
Don't hold me to this, but the show was originally dist. by Orbis or something like that (whoever syndicated TJW90)...Orbis sold their rights to someone, and I think Studio USA took over the rights to the company.

Herrre we go.

Orbis was purchased by Multimedia, which was purchased by Gannett, who sold Multimedia's TV holdings to Universal, which holdings were acquired by Barry Diller and became Studios USA, which were reacquired and presently held by Vivendi Universal.

Ya got all that?

Matt Ottinger

Libertymedia and Vivendi
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2003, 08:50:08 PM »
in the mid '70's there was a show produced in association with MCA that ran at 2:30pm on ABC that replaced \"The Girl in My Life.\" It would be a happy miracle if this series were intact somehow and would find its way on to one of Libertymedia's channels.
Assuming I might not be the only person who needed to look that up (embarassed as I am to admit that...) Jim is referring to \"The Big Showdown\".  Yes, that would be a happy miracle indeed.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tommycharles

Libertymedia and Vivendi
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2003, 05:00:29 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 25 2003, 01:50 PM\'] Herrre we go.

Orbis was purchased by Multimedia, which was purchased by Gannett, who sold Multimedia's TV holdings to Universal, which holdings were acquired by Barry Diller and became Studios USA, which were reacquired and presently held by Vivendi Universal.

Ya got all that? [/quote]
 So if Liberty Media does get Vivendi Universal,  Davidson Pyramid will be available again, right? I have never seen this show, and despite all the negative reviews it gets, I am curious. How did JD do on this show? Did he remember the rules better than on HS?

zachhoran

Libertymedia and Vivendi
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2003, 08:16:23 AM »
Most people would say JD did far better on HS than he did on Pyramid. ONe time, when a team picked one of the maingame bonus squares last in a game, and needed 4 or 5 words to win, but could play to get all 7 for the bonus, Davidson wanted to know what a cue card that said \"Keep Playing\" meant.