Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376143 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #930 on: May 03, 2023, 11:21:09 PM »
The problem of the random cards is that you can win either a $3,000 living room or the $50,000 briefcase (or even $150,000 if you got a misprint or different edition).

The trivia is thifty-five years stale and web browsers can allow you to have buzzer battles with people on opposite ends of the continent so the only mark in its favor would be for completeness or if you wanted to play the game knowing exactly what you were in for.
Travis L. Eberle

Neumms

« Reply #931 on: May 04, 2023, 01:42:05 PM »
So I'm the about getting this 1986 $ale of the Century Quizzard board game - is it any good? I know there is video review, but I just want your thoughts, from you guys.

I had one nit with the Quizzard: It flashes for a couple seconds before indicating who buzzed first, giving you a little extra time to think. But it was still fun back in the day.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #932 on: May 05, 2023, 06:53:05 PM »
The problem of the random cards is that you can win either a $3,000 living room or the $50,000 briefcase (or even $150,000 if you got a misprint or different edition).

The trivia is thifty-five years stale and web browsers can allow you to have buzzer battles with people on opposite ends of the continent so the only mark in its favor would be for completeness or if you wanted to play the game knowing exactly what you were in for.

Or you could strike gold with the "Temptation" AU board game. I managed to get one from ebay back in 2006. I accidentally ordered two US game versions with the 50K and 150K Jackpots.

If the quizzard and standard Sale books are too dated, Maybe find an equivalent book of the most recent trivia and give a game from there.

DJDustman

« Reply #933 on: May 06, 2023, 07:47:38 PM »
I snagged a Temptation board game. Nice setup but the quizzard buzzers are as wonky as 1986. Also the fame game cards are a let down as they have Aussie shows or so as the "faces" and you can tell which one would have a ten, fifteen, etc.

Bob Zager

« Reply #934 on: May 15, 2023, 01:05:07 PM »
Hard to believe this TV Guide insert offer was from 30 years ago!  I probably would've bought one, if it looked like a genuine WOF item.  Though many would've turned it down because of the price.

Edited by me:

Thanks for making it simpler for other interested parties to see what I am glad to have finally been able to share.  I also shared it on the facebook page on game show memorabilia.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 10:54:52 AM by Bob Zager »

aaron sica

« Reply #935 on: May 15, 2023, 01:07:10 PM »
You beat me to the punch by a second! I was going to post about this after seeing your FB post. I'll save you the trouble of people having to click on a link :). I wonder if this was ever made. I honestly have NO recollection of it at all.

BrandonFG

« Reply #936 on: May 15, 2023, 01:10:01 PM »
You beat me to the punch by a second! I was going to post about this after seeing your FB post. I'll save you the trouble of people having to click on a link :). I wonder if this was ever made. I honestly have NO recollection of it at all.

I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a home game more than I do right now. That’s beautiful.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #937 on: May 15, 2023, 01:35:46 PM »
I love it, but there's just one agonizing oversight for me...it needs the Pressman-style interchangeable wedges. Add those and I'd fork over my $495 in 1993 money.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #938 on: May 15, 2023, 02:07:37 PM »
That is gorgeous. I was Googling "wheel of fortune "danbury mint"" in order to find more info on it, but alas, nothing's shown up so far. I can't imagine many of them sold, so they're certainly rare pieces indeed. As someone who loves wooden-case editions of board games (I have a couple from Winning Solutions) this would be a treasure to own.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

aaron sica

« Reply #939 on: May 15, 2023, 02:43:37 PM »
That is gorgeous. I was Googling "wheel of fortune "danbury mint"" in order to find more info on it, but alas, nothing's shown up so far. I can't imagine many of them sold, so they're certainly rare pieces indeed. As someone who loves wooden-case editions of board games (I have a couple from Winning Solutions) this would be a treasure to own.

I took it a step further and tried some old newspapers. Also turned up nothing.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #940 on: May 15, 2023, 02:52:04 PM »
That is gorgeous. I was Googling "wheel of fortune "danbury mint"" in order to find more info on it, but alas, nothing's shown up so far. I can't imagine many of them sold, so they're certainly rare pieces indeed.
I mentioned to people off this board that I wouldn't be surprised if the number made was zero, especially since Danbury Mint would have had to create and sell a certain number of games to turn a profit.  If the interest isn't there, why move forward?

Bob Zager

« Reply #941 on: May 16, 2023, 10:59:18 AM »
I love it, but there's just one agonizing oversight for me...it needs the Pressman-style interchangeable wedges. Add those and I'd fork over my $495 in 1993 money.

What I think it would even better than the interchangeable wedges, Adam, would be interchangeable cardboard wheel diagrams, where you could change the whole 24 amounts with subsequent rounds.  Even include the $Million Dollar wedge, and a bonus round insert for added fun.  Mattel did a similar concept for its Wheel of Fortune Bingo game.

Bob Zager

« Reply #942 on: June 22, 2023, 12:59:14 PM »
It may not be that big a deal to many, but the first new item for this year that I have seen is a mini-pack version of the Family Feud Survey Says game.  Exclusively at select Dollar Tree stores for $1.25!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #943 on: June 22, 2023, 07:50:44 PM »
What I think it would even better than the interchangeable wedges, Adam, would be interchangeable cardboard wheel diagrams, where you could change the whole 24 amounts with subsequent rounds.

For Five Hundred Damn Dollars I think I expect a slightly better material than cardboard.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Sodboy13

« Reply #944 on: June 23, 2023, 11:08:47 AM »
The maker of those 3-D printed Showcase Showdown and Wheel of Fortune wheels has branched out to mini pricing game sets. I don't know that I'd necessarily consider them practical, but they certainly are adorable.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AandM3DPrintsandMore?ref=shop-header-name&listing_id=1411088505
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation