Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376161 times)

Bob Zager

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #855 on: August 10, 2022, 12:56:24 PM »
I stumbled across thie website, listing a lot of products from Imagination Gaming as "coming soon.":
https://www.meeplemart.com/store/Search.aspx?SearchTerms=%22imagination%20gaming%22

There's a lot of game show related items, as well as a new version of the popular "Scene It," using Gamestar Plus instead of DVDs.

I imagine (no pun), that the ones listed as 6 * 9, are of the "Ready to Roll," variety of smaller sized games.  Curious to see what the DOND, and J! ones are like.  Also, they listed "Fast Feud--Top Answers Only."  That seems like a small size card game if you're only playing an entire game like the current series "sudden death."

Bob Zager

« Reply #856 on: August 12, 2022, 12:45:57 PM »
Here is an update on the new FF "Steve's All-Stars Edition":

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Family-Feud-ALL-STARS-Edition/378385427

When you click the link, scroll down the thumbnail pic showing an image of the box bottom, click that, and when you read the information, you'll see it says that of the 150 "face off" cards, 50 of them have a scannable QR code to let you watch a clip of the same question played on an actual show!

TimK2003

« Reply #857 on: August 12, 2022, 07:31:42 PM »
So in other words, if you get this game, you can scan the QR codes to see every "Penis" answer (and every variation thereof) in one seating.

I'll pass..

Bob Zager

« Reply #858 on: September 01, 2022, 12:59:54 PM »
Earlier today, while in my nearby Meijer store, they had the "small box" version of Password, with graphics identical to the regular version (red background color, and the "football" shaped logo).  The only noticeable difference other than the box size is, it now says Goliath as the brand.  An earlier report said just the children's games from EG were going to change brand names, not so in this case. 

Not in stock, but labeled on the shelf was the Jeopardy game I'd mentioned earlier.  Unlike what the Walmart site showed as being called "family edition,"  Meijer's shelf label showed it to be called "Jeopardy! Generations."   The mfrs UPC number was the same at both retailers.

Yesterday, I found at FiveBelow, a box game called "That's my Jam," but it doesn't seem to be related to the NBC show starring Jimmy Fallon.

https://assets.fivebelow.com/prod-hts/spree/images/1781836/main_image/138366-00_A.jpg

tyshaun1

« Reply #859 on: September 02, 2022, 07:31:13 AM »
So in other words, if you get this game, you can scan the QR codes to see every "Penis" answer (and every variation thereof) in one seating.

I'll pass..
Your continued hate boner for this show is spectacular.

Bob Zager

« Reply #860 on: September 06, 2022, 04:18:39 PM »
The earlier announced revision of AYSTAFG, for multiple video game consoles and PCs is now available.  Keeps the spirit alive, even though it doesn't play faithfully to the show.  You can check the different consoles it's available for at:

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=are%20you%20smarter%20than%20a%205th%20grader&lang=default

Over the weekend, I found Target showing the new Family Feud Kids VS Adults edition.  Currently out of stock, they show the box are and more:

https://www.target.com/p/family-feud-kids-vs-adults-game/-/A-85008780

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #861 on: September 06, 2022, 07:43:43 PM »

I'll pass..
Your continued hate boner for this show is spectacular.

I have to agree.

Like seriously Tim, let it go already. We get you don’t like the direction the show took when it came to writing. Lord knows you ain’t the only one. But for Christ’s sake, the joke is farting dust.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #862 on: September 06, 2022, 09:23:19 PM »
Is it really just Tim? Penis jokes on this forum have been a thing since Steve started hosting, give or take a year.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Sodboy13

« Reply #863 on: September 06, 2022, 10:14:16 PM »
Personally, I think it's gone on too schlong.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Bob Zager

« Reply #864 on: October 11, 2022, 12:35:45 PM »
I was in my local Kohl's store over the weekend, and noticed they had the sixth edition of WOF for around $20.   Like in the past few years, the versions at Kohl's featured 150 puzzles, instead of 100 like at all other retailers carrying it.  It also still features the misconstrued "Free Play," wrinkle.

I also saw the Jeopardy and WOF card games, now under the Goliath brand name.  That is contrary to what was quoted in a post by bwood and me made last year at this time:

Speaking of Endless Games, I read they were just bought out by Goliath Games. Don't know what that will mean for the future of their role producing Game Show Games. One of their upper management staff is staying on though so that may help. He's been with them since the beginning.

“The kids’ games will transition to the Goliath brand,” David Norman, president of Goliath’s North American office says. “Family and adult titles will remain under the Endless Games brand.”

curtking

« Reply #865 on: October 14, 2022, 06:24:22 PM »
If you have access to the UK App Store, there's a new Moneybags app.  Downloaded it but haven't played it yet.

Seems like the content is coming out in "episodes" rather than in question packs.  You can pay £3.49 to remove ads from the game.

Brig Bother

« Reply #866 on: October 15, 2022, 12:10:08 PM »
All "episodes" should have been released, one came out daily with each show. The series has now finished.

Bob Zager

« Reply #867 on: November 01, 2022, 01:14:33 PM »
I found and purchased the new Jeopardy board game from Spin Master Games the other day.  Judging from the descriptions on the box bottom, my hunches were pretty much all correct.

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/ecfebb61-639f-456d-8d29-07156eb4a108.dbf0dce236ee99b6f730fb00d4c2730a.jpeg?odnHeight=2000&odnWidth=2000&odnBg=FFFFFF

Unlike the notation reads, this game does NOT have a Double Jeopardy! round.  You play the Jeopardy round using only five categories (like most previous home versions), but the nice thing is the way you place Daily Doubles.   There are five DD "slides," with $200-$1000 values on one side, and "Daily Double" on the other side.  It makes it much less likely for a player to locate the DDs compared to the MB, Pressman and Hasbro versions (given the way the DD slides were designed then).

Although you can always ignore the rules the manufacturer provides, the rules included require you to start from the top and work your way to the bottom.  Apparently you don't get penalized for incorrect responses, and each Daily Double (two used in the game), there is no wagering, it is just a chance to double your accumulated "cash" with a correct response (again no penalty for incorrect responses).  Only "Final Jeopardy!" is 100% faithful.

With this being called "Family Edition," I hope Spin Master Games will release a version 100% faithful.  The only good thing is the new grid board IMHO.

I hope the game tin from Igloo books, due next month, will be better!

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #868 on: November 01, 2022, 01:42:17 PM »
Twenty game cards, eh? Same potential issue as the recent Pyramid home game. I know that many of the members of the board are more dedicated to playing their favorite home games than the average bear, but I'm still part of the camp that says the average group playing a game like this is going to play with it fewer times than there is material for (compared to the past), and I'm sensing that because of cost cutting by companies, we're going to see more of this. I'm in the process of co-developing a new game project with the firm that managed to sell my family card game, Trashed, to Winning Moves. We did some runthroughs with a demo model, and it was fascinating how the firm immediately stripped the components to the bare minimum. Cost/production savings. Should the company decide to add some frills to make it more appealing (perceived value for the dollar), it's up to them. This game involves deciphering puzzles, and when I asked how much material to prepare, I was figuring on roughly 90-100 puzzle sets. They suggested 300. It's done, but still think it's too many. Maybe 150 and save the rest for a second edition, should it reach that level of success? All I'm saying is, the average person is always attracted by the next new shiny object that's getting buzz, and the excitement over many games is fleeting. I also think companies are picking up on that, and to save money, they'll cut back on material. Not great for dedicated fans of the game, but they're playing the percentages. 

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #869 on: November 02, 2022, 08:17:07 PM »
and when I asked how much material to prepare, I was figuring on roughly 90-100 puzzle sets. They suggested 300.

How many puzzle sets are used in a typical game?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe